Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laylarad

Hi, so I found something that actually works and thought I would share

Hi everyone!

I am usually not one to post comments or reviews for anything. I usually just read forums and get the info I need and never follow up. I have suffered with acne and hyper-pigmentation since I was 15 years old and now at 24, I have finally found something that truly works. I am a caucasian female. My skin is oily but is also dry and flakey at times due to using harsh products to control acne. I've used every single drugstore product available, the acne.org regimen, Clinique, Proactive, vitamin A, etc...the list goes on and on. Nothing worked for me and for nearly 10 years, I have not stepped one foot outside my door without makeup. Luckily for me, I've learned how to apply makeup so well that hardly anyone could see my skin problem.

About 2 months ago, I was researching for something new to try for my skin and I came across a review for African black soap. The reviews were great so I ordered it, but I still had very low expectations. When the package arrived, I opened it to find a ziplock bag filled with what looked like poo. I was relieved to find that the smell didn't match its appearance. The smell is very earthy and smokey. I also ordered unrefined West African shea butter to moisturize my skin and Aztec Healing Clay as a mask.

I broke off a piece of the soap and washed my face with it and once I was done, my face was actually squeaky clean! After using it for about a week, I could see a huge improvement and after 2 weeks my skin was completely clear! There was still some hyper-pigmentation but no acne. My roommate saw how much my skin had improved and wanted to try it as well. He had terrible acne as a teenager and went through a round of Accutane, but at 26, he still had very oily skin and would continue to get a few pimples. After using the black soap for about 2 weeks, he noticed a significant reduction in the amount of oil his skin produced.

The Aztec Healing Clay is just as amazing. I mix about 2 tablespoons of clay with an equal amount of organic apple cider vinegar and leave it on my skin for about an hour. You can actually feel this clay pulsate on your face! When I rinse it off, my skin is always smoother and clearer.

The West African shea butter is the best moisturizer that I've ever used. I use it on my face only at night, because it is sort of oily. Despite it being oily, it has never made my skin break out. I use it to moisturize the rest of my body daily mixed with a scented lotion, because I'm not a fan of the smell of raw shea butter.

My exact regimen:

Every morning:

~I wash my face thoroughly with African black soap

Every night:

~I wash my face thoroughly with African black soap

~I moisturize my skin with the raw African shea butter

Twice a week:

~I use the Aztec Healing Clay mask

After using this exact regimen for 2 months, my skin is completely clear and the red marks from hyper-pigmentation has significantly faded and continue to do so. From now on, I will only use natural products like these to keep my skin clear. I'm almost at the point where I'd feel comfortable going out without makeup, but I do still wear it because I'm girly and love makeup. =) I always use a primer before foundation and I wear Makeup Forever HD foundation, which has never broken me out.

I ordered the African black soap, raw shea butter, and Aztec Healing clay from amazon.com. If you guys have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. =)