Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had an issue with acne all over my ear lobes for a few years now, my ear lobe has actually swollen to the size of a gumball before...there's one "pimple/cyst" I've had on my right ear that hasn't gone away for over a year, I drain it almost every day and by the next day it's filled up again. It also has a foul odor...all I have to do is scratch my ear and my hand will smell even after washing my hands.

When I first made this account I posted this to see if anyone else had the same issue, to no avail.

Now, I've developed something on my face, my pore will simply swell, however it doesn't look like a pimple and isn't very noticeable, but when I drain it, it's like a blackhead, or a thin white string, but there is tons of it, I'm talking about a tablespoon full when I drain-and it also smells.

I do also have regular acne, white heads/black heads on my face, and shoulders..which yeah-it's no fun having a pizza face-but the smell is what bothers me :/

I don't know what to do, my Doctor gave me something for my ears but it did nothing, and now I have no health insurance.

My ex-boyfriend had what we thought was a DISGUSTING zit on his back that grew to be about the diameter of a quarter. He convinced me to pop it one day and it had SO MUCH PUSS that it actually sprayed onto my face (EWWW)... plus, it smelled absolutely disgusting. It turned out to be a sebecious cyst (sp?) and after seeing a doctor he was told that the only way to get rid of it is to get it surgically removed or drained.

Sounds like a sebaceous cyst - from wikkipedia -

A sebaceous cyst (a form of trichilemmal cyst) also known as a "wen", is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part (infundibulum) of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called keratin.

I think having it removed by a doctor is the best idea as they can become infected.

moved to the severe acne board, because it doesn't have anything to do with the acne.org regimen, and it sounds like you're talking about a cyst here.

i agree with the two posts above. you should definitely should have seen a doctor about it by now, but it's never too late, so just find some time to get there soon.

I had this same problem couple years ago. Both sides behind my ear by the lobe would bubble up so big. I dont have this problem anymore but sometimes when I scratch behind my ear I can smell what you are smelling.

That smell can also occur with pierced ears, I've noticed it with my earring. I hear it's especially noticeable if one has a gauged earlobe.

Just my two cents.

The foul smell means its infected. You should seriously go to a doctor and get some antibiotics (to treat the infection itself, not the acne) before the infection spreads-to the rest of your body, because you could get seriously sick.

My mom has one of those located on her upper cheek, she has had this for years now. She has been prescribed anti-biotics and a whole slew of other medications which have failed to treat it. She has also said that it has a disgusting smell, and she picks at it a lot because it bothers her so much. I would go to the doctors and get it treated before it gets too bad, because if you don't, you might have to keep it forever. Good-luck to you. :cool:

I believe I had that smell on my nose when I stopped taking my antibiotics. Hmmm intresting glad I decided to go back on, wouldn't wanna get an infection. I oddly enough liked it a little kinda smelled like burnt chicken or something.

Edited by =-D

I don't know if this is the same thing, but I had a huge white bump under my nose for about a month. After trying to open it, and even going in for 2 cortisone shots, nothing worked. But one night, I steamed my face for about 30 minutes and it popped open and Keritin came out. Now its a little indention but its gone. :) hope that helps.