Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zoolander

What scar treatment might work for me

Iv had acne since 9th grade. Went on accutane when I was like 20. Now I have a bunch of scars. What treatment might be good for me to decrease the scar sizes?

post-134322-1280217686_thumb.jpg

post-134322-1280217704_thumb.jpg

post-134322-1280217686_thumb.jpg

post-134322-1280217704_thumb.jpg

Edited by zoolander

subcision will definitely work for your scars (rolling type).

and if you want to get a even more drastic improvement, you cant opt for fillers after your subcision.

most people do subcision 3x first to see how much they improve, and then do fillers for a finishing touch.

hope this helps. Please dont go for lasers, it wont do anything for your type of scars.

you have really nice complexion. how did you get rid of the hyperigmentation from post acne? I have ethnic skin, acne marks takes forever to fade for me.

subcision will definitely work for your scars (rolling type).

and if you want to get a even more drastic improvement, you cant opt for fillers after your subcision.

most people do subcision 3x first to see how much they improve, and then do fillers for a finishing touch.

hope this helps. Please dont go for lasers, it wont do anything for your type of scars.

Subcision? I had that for a rolling scar on my cheek. It wasn't nice. The area went bulgy and dark blue afterwards (due to the blood pooling underneath the skin), and took a long time to go. The scar in question now looks more depressed than before, especially the area surrounding the scar. It also caused a slight darkening of that part of my face.

I think it would be better for you to try it as a last resort. Try something such as dermaroller or fraxel laser first.

fraxel wont do anythign to that scar.lasers are for superficial scars. dermarolling will help, but takes alot of time.

subcision is skill dependent and a lot has to do with your own biology (genetics)-just like any other treatment.

They look pretty superficial to me? They definitely aren't deep, but perhaps the light is helping.

Not sure if they are deep or not because of the lighting. I think fillers would be best suited for this type of scarring and I think you could get good results.

How I took the pictures, I tried so the scars stood out more so they were easier to see. Tried with the flash and holding it down. The scars on my left, I could live with. Don't think they are that bad. But the right side of my face is worse. I think it's cause when I sleep, I mainly lay on my right side. There is one semi deep scar and some scaring behind it.