Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoopergrl

shiny skin after moisturizing?

with the warmer weather, has anyone noticed that their skin is more shiny after applying moisturizer? all have done this to my face. eucerin has been the worst. i sure would like to find a moisturizer that didn't make my chin area look all shiny!

I suggest using a napkin on your face 10 minutes after moisturizing; don't rub it, just touch it to your skin lightly.

I think I'm just gona moisturise once a day - in the evening - will this be ok to do? I also don't want to have shiny skin when going out, but my skin is not really too dry anyway.

If your gonna do that at least make sure you put sunscreen on...and I still wouldnt recommend not moisturizing in the morning.

How important is moisturizing? I too like the dry affect the bp has on my skin and it doesn't seem too dry. Even the moisturizer for oily skin seems to make my face very shiny.

-FastEddy

i wouldn't recommend skipping the moisterizer at all. It's soooo important when using the BP. Sometimes, you'll be fine, but you risk a bad reaction. I remember a while back, I skipped the moisterizer a for a few nights because i thought i would clear faster. it was the old dry=clear mentality that i used to have. I woke up one morning with this horrendous red flaky dry patch and it was so embarrassing. It's not worth the risk.

I get better results from BP when I moisturize; I also use Differin, which is supposed to normalize my skin cells, and BP does just the opposite, so I find not moisturizing counterproductive. I use BP just for killing bacteria, and try to avoid the skin peeling affect.

OK, thanx, think I will just use a bit less so the skin is not so shiny, but enough to get rid of that tight feeling.

Some moisturizers are worse than others for making your skin shine. I'm using the Neutragena Oil Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin and it doesn't really make me notice much shine. But, you could always dust your face with a clear / translucent non-comedogenic loose face powder after the lotion dries. Powder isn't noticable at all if you apply it lightly (dust it on with a brush), but it sure does give the skin a nicer more matte finish. Just an idea.

I use sunscreen spf 30. It's great because its specifically formulated for your face. It's oil free, has vit a,c,e, and it says its formulated so it won't cause you to break out. It also says you can wear it and also put on your makeup afterwards. It's perfect!

Hm.. For me it is'nt shiny... :think:

Do you rub it in and make the skin absorb it? If it's fully absorbed it should'nt be oily in my opinion. I don't know...