Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adalyn

Scabbing! What do you guys do about it?

Hey all, just wondering if you guys have scabs from acne and what you do to cover it up (if you do at all).

See, I have about 10-15 small to medium sized scabs from acne on my face - and its the worst because I can't cover it up with foundation or concealer without it looking looking like a scab that's drenched in concealer. It makes me so sad! :cry: I don't wear makeup nowaday so the scabs can heal, but they seem to keep coming back. And they really stick out on my face. It also doesn't help that I'm interning at a cosmetics company and my skin is a piece of :shhh: .

So, what do you guys do about scabs? Do you think I should cover mine up or leave 'em makeup-free? What's your experience with makeup?

scabs are the toughest to cover. Mostly I even out skin tone with a good foundation. And my secret is loose mineral powder to finish everything off. I'll put a thin coat of powder everywhere, especially on oily parts to mattify. Then to hide scabs, I'll dab an extra bit of foundation on it, blend around the edges, and put an extra pat of powder. It usually works wonders for me. I hope this can help.

It's definitely better to just leave the scabs rather than pick them off. They're HORRIBLE to cover though but worth it in the end. I typically do my normal foundation routine but add a little extra concealer on the scabs and then dust it with powder to set it. Sometimes a green concealer also helps if the scab has a reddish tone. Fortunately they'll be gone before you know it. :)

Not to seem insensitive, but why do you have a lot of scabs on your face? Are you picking? I'm a picker so I would understand. But I've pretty much stopped picking since my face has cleared up due to the Regimen.

Follow the directions for a TAO like Neosporin--that will help them heal faster w/ less chance for scarring. But you have to follow the directions!

As far as concealing the scabs, I'd try this on a day where you'll be home all day alone. Experiment with petroleum jelly--mix in some mineral concealer, or put the vaseline on first and then some liquid/cream foundation/concealer. Could also see how powder works. Try different things for different ones to find out which works best. But only apply to scabs that are thouroughly scabbed over, not weeping ones.

Gewher and mercyunbound:

Thanks for your input! I'd prefer not to use makeup all over my face, so I guess I'll only spot conceal with the foundation, concealer and powder. Yep, I try not to pick em off too- they leave such bad pink and red marks!

Sharpy

I'd admit I'm a bit of a picker... although my acne does tend to scab on its own when it heals. As in even when I don't do anything to it. Some of my acne becomes inflamed on its own... then scabs over and leaves a red mark. D:

I'm already doing Neosporin btw and it is helping a lot :) And I'll try the vaseline thing too (oh yes, I have a few weeping scars too... ew). Thanks for your help! :)

Whether I have scabs from acne healing or from a cut playing sports most of the time these suckers just peel of by them selves after a few days of washing them and messaging them gently in warm water.

whenever i have a scab, after concealer and foundation (i use powder foundation), i take an eyeshadow brush, a firm but kinda of fluffy one, and get lots of powder on it, then pack it into the scab. i find it fills the 'holes' and gets in all the little crevices if that makes sense lol.

I find it difficult to cover scabs or dry skin from healing spots without making it look like a skin-colored scab lol.

I just do my normal makeup routine w/o puttin in the effort to cover them more...everytime I do, it just looks drier and worse? With that said, I think using just a powder on it could make it look worse because powders can really accentuate dryness.

Next time I might try leaving some extra moisturizer on the spot for a couple of minutes to soften it and then cover....but then the makeup might not adhere to the skin...

Ugh, I haven't been much help at all lol sorry! Hope you find something that works though