Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RyanY1

On accutane : Feel like its failing

Hi,

Ive been on accutane just over 6 weeks now and initially I was so happy. My skin was clearing up nicely, however, I did have an initial breakout. But now, my skin is worse than ever - what's going on? I have loads of new spots after a period of clear skin, I just don't get it!!? I don't know what to do. I feel like im never going to get clear skin and accutne isnt working.

Ive never heard of mid-session breakouts like this, usually it just gets clearer.

Moved to the Accutane posts forum. Please read the forum descriptions and headings before posting.

Just look at the myriads of other logs/posts, etc about Accutane and clearing and when to expect it. Sounds like your course is progressing perfectly normally. You're still in the initial breakout.

Six weeks....one and a half months! That's not long at all.

It takes some people like 3-4 months to see a good improvement. Just keep at it, and tell your derm if you start to notice any bad side effects right away

i didnt feel totally happy with how it was working for me until about a month after i finished! the way i saw it was the more my skin broke out the more of the crap it was getting rid of. the acne is deep routed in your skin and has to get worse before it gets better. stick with it unless it gets really bad an then go back to see your doc