Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I recently started developing a different kind of acne other than normal pimples. IT REALLY SUCKS.

Their tiny white heads that come in numbers of 8 or 9 ALLL over my cheeks and make it really hard to apply makeup because i can't blend without popping them. & when they pop they leave giant red marks with a tiny hole in them.

They are literally the size of those balls on pins. but they leave huge scars

I'm currently on septra and tazorac and nothing is working.

Thank you

i'm on tazorac as well and i'm not sure how to deal with this either. my sister said it's a late purge from tazorac or the steaming that i am doing for my face (based on the idea that heat bring acne to a surface). =( sigh..wish i knew.

I'd guess it was purging from Tazorac as well. Stick with it!

I would gently pierce the whiteheads with a sterilized needle and release the pus, then wash my face using a gentle cleanser to disinfect the wounds. Allow them to dry up and stop weeping, and then use neosporin. You should be able to use make'up afterwards.

I would gently pierce the whiteheads with a sterilized needle and release the pus, then wash my face using a gentle cleanser to disinfect the wounds. Allow them to dry up and stop weeping, and then use neosporin. You should be able to use make'up afterwards.

you are insane. mine are so tiny. so pepper sized. they don't even have a white head.

i've been using Taz for more than a year now and suddenly i broke out in comedones. do you think i could be purging too? D:

Calling me insane is a bit harsh, no? You called them white heads, and suggested that purging was a possibility, so i inferred what I could. Good luck :)

I recently started developing a different kind of acne other than normal pimples. IT REALLY SUCKS.

Their tiny white heads that come in numbers of 8 or 9 ALLL over my cheeks and make it really hard to apply makeup because i can't blend without popping them. & when they pop they leave giant red marks with a tiny hole in them.

They are literally the size of those balls on pins. but they leave huge scars

I'm currently on septra and tazorac and nothing is working.

Thank you

It may not be acne, it may be a condition called keratosis pilaris. Google it and look at the pictures. KP presents as little red/pink or in some cases little whiteheads. That's why it is sometimes confused with acne. Hope this helps and good luck!!!! :D

you are insane. mine are so tiny. so pepper sized. they don't even have a white head.

i've been using Taz for more than a year now and suddenly i broke out in comedones. do you think i could be purging too? D:

I as well have been using tazorac for an year and trust mee i know how purging works. I've been on stievamycin an year before using tazorac and your skin purges a few weeks into the treatment, resulting in scaly red skin. Purging should last a couple weeks not an year. & I'm in the same exact situation. my pimples are extremely miniscule but they leave huge scars! =[

good luck!