Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Loo

Bad skin makes me want to hide

Hey everyone

I just wanted to ask everyone if they also want to hide away when they get flare ups of acne? Mine isnt as bad as some, however it makes me so upset when my skin gets bad. I feel ugly, disgusting and even though i have been with my partner for a long time, when i feel this way i dont want him to see me and even sleep with a full face of make up because im scared he will think im ugly :cry:

I am on dianette to try and control my flare ups but it hardly works. I use Quinoderm on my face to dry out my skin when it gets bad. It helps slighty i guess.

God i sound like a right whinge but having a down day today and as all my friends have perfect skin i cant talk to them because they wouldnt understand.

Anyway, for anyone who has taken the time to listen to my rant, THANKYOU! :surprised:

LJ

xx

Oh and also, does anybody know wether diet majorly effects your skin? I have heard different opinions on this

Diet is the primary trigger for me, If I have too much sugar, or any wheat, diary, gluten - I won't be leaving the house for the next month.

As for your partner, why not just show him - if he doesn't wanna be with you then he wasn't worth it anyway. A good way to test the relationship. =-)

Oh and also, does anybody know wether diet majorly effects your skin? I have heard different opinions on this

Majorly? No. Rarely? Yes. :)

Everyone has their own opinions. It's not a fact that diet causes acne. There's no study or proof that diet causes acne. However, some people are allergic to certain food which causes them to break out badly. I suggest you to eat healthy , or at least try to eat about 80% healthy even though it's highly recommended to eat 95% healthy, but the minimum is like 80-85%. According to Dr. Fuhrman, it's vital to up your carotenoid content if you have acne. Like green smoothies, green juices, and cruciferous based soups. I'm still learning from this guy. ^_^ I've been drinking 4 handful of spinach with fruits smoothie for a while and I feel great after drinking it. My skin looks smooth.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.

Edited by EddieE

Diet is the primary trigger for me, If I have too much sugar, or any wheat, diary, gluten - I won't be leaving the house for the next month.

As for your partner, why not just show him - if he doesn't wanna be with you then he wasn't worth it anyway. A good way to test the relationship. =-)

Yeah. Too much of it is bad. I am ambivalent if I should try 75%-87% cocoa bars. It has about 7-10g of sugars >_>

Edited by EddieE

Pretty sure no one has proved whether diet has anything to do with acne or not....different people experience different things I guess. Stress can have a lot to do with it I guess, which could come from eating something, which could cause acne. For example, eat a high calorie desert, realize that you're going to gain a lot of weight from it, get stressed, and break out.

I wouldn't avoid your boyfriend if I were you....if he rejects you because of it, then he's not worth it anyway. If you avoid him, he probably won't think you are because of your acne, but because of him, and he'll probably get mad or depressed. Being around him could do you some good...prob would be stress free for the most part which should help your situation.

Well the interesting thing about me and diets is that, while they help my skin, I still get acne. A while back I remember noticing just how smooth and beautiful my skin really was. So that made me wonder if there was really anything wrong with my skin in the first place... I think acne is just something that will be there in some people whether they like it or not until they find a treatment that works for them or they just grow out of it. So for some people, diets can be the key but not for everyone. I just hope Accutane works for me now...

But yeah, about hiding... I am back in my hometown now so anytime I go out I seem to run into people I used to know and they can't help but to always bring up my acne. I get tired of having to explain to them what I am doing about it. But I suppose they are only asking because they care or don't know any better. But it's especially annoying when people you don't even know bring it up or try to capitalize on it (read 'socially uncomfortable' for that).

Haha, even today some guy I used to work with saw me and asked about it and my friend who was with me was like, "Wow, I don't know why people make such a big deal about it. I can't even really notice it." Needless to say, it's friends like him that keep me from hiding in my room all day. :)