Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
benjamin2010

Successfully going from Proactiv to....?

Hello, I am new to this forum but not new to the horrors of acne, pimples, pustules, etc. I am writing this now because of my annoying acne problem. Let me begin by saying I used to find success with the Proactiv system, however the price and their constant shipping me products lead to my losing interest. Ever since I quit the system I have had difficulties maintaining a clear face. I bought a Clarisonic in hopes that it would keep my skin so clear that my problems would literally vanish. However, now that it has been three months with the Clarisonic...I can say my luck hasn't been so great.

In the beginning, I used Neutrogena's original Acne Wash, the gold colored cleanser in the pump. Pretty plain, and it did pretty well. The only problem I really had with it was how irritating it was to my eyes. In the past couple weeks I have begun using Purpose face wash because my friend suggested it, and I read on here that it is a good, soap free face wash. The results...eh. I feel good about using it but I feel like the results have yet to convince me it's a good wash.

Okay, anyway, let me give you my routine. Maybe you can point me in the right direction to get my face cleared up. Maybe I just need to give the new wash more time. I also recently began using a toner - Seabreeze for Sensitive Skin. Could this new addition contribute to my recent outbursts?

Wash - Purpose gentle cleanser (with the Clarisonic used to wash with)

Exfoliator - St. Ives Apricot Scrub (the original..thinking of switching to the medicated one)

Toner - Seabreeze Sensitive Skin (recently added to the routine because I like toners)

Moisturizer - Aveeno calming moisturizer (feels greasy on my face, maybe just the kind of lotion?)

Thanks for any help you can provide me with. My apologies for writing a lot :P

Edited by benjamin2010

Have you considered adding BP into your routine? And if you want a great moisturizer you can always check out the one that's part of Dan's Regime.

How often are you exfoliating? I'm a bit worried that if it's everyday you might be over-irritating your skin.

Hmm, well I only exfoliate every other day or so. Also, my shaving pattern is sporadic, mostly because I hate shaving and also because it irritates my skin. I'm considering switching to the Cetaphil moisturizer and ditching the other one. It has quite a few irritants in it.