Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dixielullabyx3

My accutane endeavor!

Hey everyone. I will be starting Accutane in four days, and I wanted to start a blog about it. The reason I have not started is because your bloodtests have to be exactly 30 days apart. Isn't that silly? So, I have to wait until the seventh day in my prescription window and then hurry and get my questions answered so I can pick it up. I think this whole ipledge program is rather silly... I am sixteen years old, of course I am not going to get pregnant! Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and document my journey. :) My dermatologist said five months so I will be done in December. I will probably update every week, just because I feel as though a daily update may become repetitive. So, I will be updating again on Wednesday. If you have any questions/comments feel free to leave them below. Btw, ignore the timestamp. I had a blog but I wanted to switch to here. :)

Day One

Hey everyone. So, today was my first day on Accutane, or Claravis. I was prescribed two 40mg pills twice a day, for a total of 80mg. I have not felt many side effects thus far, other than my lips are slightly drier than usual, which I expected. Other than that, I feel pretty good. My acne is different at different parts of my body. I am one of the unlucky few that suffers from face, as well as body acne. I have mostly those little white under the skin bumps on my face, especially on the side of my chin. I also have a good number of red blemishes, but they rarely come to a head. In addition to that, I have quite a few blackheads, predominantly on my nose. My chest has the same little white bumps that are on my face, a few blackheads and a fair number of red blemishes. My back is the worst area that is affected. I have all kinds of acne back there. A few cysts, blackheads, whiteheads, red blemishes and sometimes the white bumps. I will be on treatment for 5 months and finish in late December. I will post my skin care regimen a few lines down and if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to leave me a comment!

Skin Care Regimen:

Morning: Cetaphil Daily Cleanser

Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

Eucerin Calming Body Lotion

Night: Cetaphil Daily Cleanser

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream

Chapstick throughout the day.