Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, I already started accutane I'm on day 50 now, I started on June 06

I'm 19 years old, 20 in october,female, and my acne started when I was 12 years old, it was absolutely mild back then, then when I was 15 i started getting more but it was still mild, then when I was 17 it started getting worse, I think it just got worse year after year, then at 18 I started college my skin got worse and worse, at the end of last year when I turned 19 I developed cystic acne since december I only drink water, I try not to eat fast food and if I do is only 2 or 3 times a month, and I also started to wear less makeup.

So, I'm taking 40 mg a day, I'm on day 50 but honestly I haven't seen any improvement yet, also the fact that I try not to look at myself in the mirror too close or when I don't have make-up on is why I haven't noticed because I have so many red marks it makes me feel worse because my skin looks worse than it is, but I know how my skin is by touching it, and I only have cysts on my cheeks, near my nose.

Since I started accutane I had a couple of pimples where i never got them, on my chin, on my forehead, and on the sides of my face, i also had bigger pimples which i think are not cysts, i don't know why they don't go away, but usually my cysts and pimples are in my face for about 2 weeks and then another one comes so i'm never clear :(

Side effects: only dry lips, I had dry skin on my nose but only on the second week, also my T-zone used to be really oily every morning and now it's not. Also I think i've had depression and bipolar behaviour, but i am a bit like that all the time so i don't know if it's the accutane. those are the only things I've had so far.

Also I tried to moisturize but it seems moisturizers are bad for me, my skin is not dry anyways i don't know why.

Also the parts of my face that are not affected are really smooth.

Edited by vintagelover

I will definitely be keeping up with your log! I totally feel the "I don't see much difference" aspect of Accutane that you are experiencing right now.

hey there!

i am glad you created your own log :clap: that way we can keep up with you and your course. dont be discouraged, i am sure the change will come soon. i have heard of people magically clearing up over night, so you are due and it will happen soon.

when is your bday? mine is oct 15... however, i will be 30! i really wish i had started this thing earlier...

I will definitely be keeping up with your log! I totally feel the "I don't see much difference" aspect of Accutane that you are experiencing right now.

I know, I hate it, i think it's because we go into accutane not knowing how our body is gonna react and wishing we fall into the percentage of people who get clear on their first month and then it doesn't happen so we hope the second month is the month but then it's not so it's frustrating, I can't wait to talk about how it got clear! cause i'm sick of having to wash my face full of cysts that are there for weeks and then new ones come, ugh I can't stand it anymore

hey there!

i am glad you created your own log :clap: that way we can keep up with you and your course. dont be discouraged, i am sure the change will come soon. i have heard of people magically clearing up over night, so you are due and it will happen soon.

when is your bday? mine is oct 15... however, i will be 30! i really wish i had started this thing earlier...

OMG!!! My birthday is October 15 too! I will be 20 haha! :D that's awesome, I wish i cleared over night, it will make me feel so much better about myself, I hate feeling like this, it makes me stay at home, yesterday I ditched my friends because my skin was so messed up, and I start school on thursday with this skin! but I guess people at college are used to it so i don't mind but i don't wanna see my high school friends like this :( it's frustrating, i really wish i started this earlier too! then i would already be clear but i'm not :( let's hope time goes by flying!

So today is day 52, and I think I'm the same or worse than when I started, I just know my skin is not clearing up, today my right cheek is so so bad :( and it's peeling so putting on make-up sucks, but i'd rather die than go out without makeup, my face is just so full of red spots it sucks so bad, my lips are dry as always and yesterday my elbow hurt when I moved but it was only for a few minutes, other than that i'm fine, oh and depression sucks but maybe it's because i'm on vacation and i'd rather stay at home with no make-up on than go out, so i feel horrible and get sad, but yesterday was like the worst day and I felt so bad, like hopeless because of acne, i hate it :( I hope in one month at least i don't develop cysts anymore, i hate them, I just wanna finish my second month, just because the "supposedly" 2 bad months are over and i can go into my third. But oh well, let's hope this stupid breakout goes away soon or at least is less noticeable in two days! not probable but let's hope! :)

what kind of makeup do you use? thankfully, i only have 6 spots healing on my face right now, so i just put concealer on them and thats it. but if you moisturize your face, say with cetaphil, and then put on liquid makeup (before the moisturizer completele sets in) it will go on smoother, since it will kind of blend with the moisturizer. then put some concealer and some loose powder on top and that should do it! it worked for me while i was having my IB combined with the peeling.

what kind of makeup do you use? thankfully, i only have 6 spots healing on my face right now, so i just put concealer on them and thats it. but if you moisturize your face, say with cetaphil, and then put on liquid makeup (before the moisturizer completele sets in) it will go on smoother, since it will kind of blend with the moisturizer. then put some concealer and some loose powder on top and that should do it! it worked for me while i was having my IB combined with the peeling.

I use a mineral liquid foundation from maybelline, it's called mineral power, I did this today, I put honey after showering and then washed it off and then i put on a moisturizer i'm trying because EVERY moisturizer I try makes my face itchy, but I put it on on the non-affected? areas and it didn't itch so i put it on today and now I put on my liquid foundation, it itches a bit i don't know if I should stop using it but I'm guessing because my skin is so dry and affected right now, it will itch with any makeup, I don't have a concealer right now but I was thinking about buying concealer and lose powder from the same brand so I don't mix brands, well and then i put on powder it's "maybelline dream matte powder", i bought it because it said "oil free and dermatologist tested" but i might change it since it only lasts a month and i preffer lose powder i think it gives more coverage, and then i use a clinique blush, but I will change it too because clinique products are not good for me i just realized that. and that's my make-up routine haha :) I'm glad it covers all the redness, and now my forehead and chin are clear so i just put my bangs and all my hair to the side so it kinda covers the affected area (sad i know) and go out a little confident :) what make-up do you use? oh and i forgot to say, i can't only wear concealer since my face is full of redmarks so i need the makeup to cover that up a bit.

DAY 53

My face is so messed up! :( I think I'm going to school until monday because i refuse to go out like this, maybe it will get better in 4 days though i doubt it :( life sucks

DAY 53

My face is so messed up! :( I think I'm going to school until monday because i refuse to go out like this, maybe it will get better in 4 days though i doubt it :( life sucks

Stay strong ! * points to quote in signature* :)

DAY 53

Stay strong ! * points to quote in signature* :)

Thanks for the support :) I'll tray to stay strong, it's hard though

Last night I think I had some side effects when I was trying to sleep, I was really tired and I didn't do much, and I had a headache and I never have headaches, also my eyes are weird It feels like when you are in the car with the air on, but all the time.

Edited by vintagelover

hey there!

sorry you are not feeling great right now. hopefully it will be better by monday. the makeup i used was recommended by someone else here, it is clinique even better. it works really good for me. i also use their concealer and loose powder. do you really think the brand doesn do it for you? i love it!

DAY 53

Heya, nice to see someone who has taken it around the same timeframe as me. Im on week 6 and 5 days. My skin was good in month 1, but now its crazy its soo red and I have larger spots coming up on my cheeks/side of jawline. Its so distressing.

I really hope I achieve flawless skin by end of august. Im on 70mg per day- for 4 and half months.

I started 11th June. It seems like it has got sooo much worse this month, this being my breakout phase obviously!

Last night I think I had some side effects when I was trying to sleep, I was really tired and I didn't do much, and I had a headache and I never have headaches, also my eyes are weird It feels like when you are in the car with the air on, but all the time.

Eat tiny snacks during the day that helped me get rid off the headaches for good. Make sure youre chuggin that water.

hey there!

sorry you are not feeling great right now. hopefully it will be better by monday. the makeup i used was recommended by someone else here, it is clinique even better. it works really good for me. i also use their concealer and loose powder. do you really think the brand doesn do it for you? i love it!

I actually tried even better foundation and cream at the beginning of the year and it made my skin irritated, I don't know why since it's supposed to be dermatologist tested

DAY 53

Heya, nice to see someone who has taken it around the same timeframe as me. Im on week 6 and 5 days. My skin was good in month 1, but now its crazy its soo red and I have larger spots coming up on my cheeks/side of jawline. Its so distressing.

I really hope I achieve flawless skin by end of august. Im on 70mg per day- for 4 and half months.

I started 11th June. It seems like it has got sooo much worse this month, this being my breakout phase obviously!

I'm glad someone is in the same place as me! then I don't feel I'm the only one going through this hell, I hope I at least stop having new spots by the end of august, I actually want it to be october so bad haha, you are lucky you are on 70mg I'm on 40mg :S i want more, maybe you'll clear up first! we are in the same place, I look forward to reading your process! :)

Oh and I'll be on it from 5 to 6 months, maybe because of the dosage

Eat tiny snacks during the day that helped me get rid off the headaches for good. Make sure youre chuggin that water.

Thanks :) yeah thank god they stopped, I only got them when i was trying to sleep, and drinking water for sure, it makes me feel better haha

I'm sick of this, I just wash my face and spots start bleeding and they hurt so i don't moisturize because it is irritated and it itches like hell, my face is full of bumps, i can't stand this

Edited by vintagelover

I'm sick of this, I just wash my face and spots start bleeding and they hurt so i don't moisturize because it is irritated and it itches like hell, my face is full of bumps, i can't stand this

Its soo annoying isn't it?? I still think there are more to come in my case, its really making my skin dry but I dont understand how they can survive in such conditions. I heard it gets better next month, so perhaps in august we should be clear.

I just find it so weird how when I first started I became soo clear, I was so happy. I'm thinking its really kicking in now and so this is the phase we have to go through before it gets better.

Its soo annoying isn't it?? I still think there are more to come in my case, its really making my skin dry but I dont understand how they can survive in such conditions. I heard it gets better next month, so perhaps in august we should be clear.

I just find it so weird how when I first started I became soo clear, I was so happy. I'm thinking its really kicking in now and so this is the phase we have to go through before it gets better.

you are right. Thats what i think too, in the first month one side of my face was clear and thr other one just 2 or 3 spots. Then the madness came I hope its the medicine and then it goes away. And you are not the only one i think i might have new ones for 2 to 3 weeks and then start to clear. Thats what I think and hope. Right now we just have to find ways to not think about this too much and wait. Gladly today Ive been feeling good cause ive been busy but yesterday night I was freaking out like crazy.

Day 56

all my spots are out and dry. They are really noticeable right now. All came out I hope. Now its just a matter of hoping they are less noticeable in a couple of days. Hopefully month 3 will be my month

My day 47 - one new addition to me left cheek. Its small and likely to shrink. The breakout on my right cheek is fading slowly due to dryness. Overall better than earlier in the week

Fingers crossed. This is it now and clear skin is on its way

Sending you love and good luck. How are you doing today? Do you think we had an initial break out late in the game?

Hang in there Vintage! I'm on day 14 of 40 mg and it's already hellish. I'm going to count on going to your log for inspiration! keep up the great work :)

Hey!

I just got back to acne.org! It seems the longest I can stay away is just about 9 days. :) I'm glad you started a log, that way we can both keep tabs on each other.

I'm turning 20 too! I am a bit older than you, though, but just a little. My birthday is in exactly 3 weeks, on August 23. Just a few days after a start my third month on Accutane.

Good luck, and I reallllly hope things start to look up for you. I will definitely be keeping up with your log.

Can't wait to hear from you!

Amy

Day 58!

Hey everyone! thanks for posting on my log I really appreciate it :)

Month 3 is coming for me, I really wanna start it cause my skin is bad, has been like this for about two to three weeks, i THINK it's already starting to heal but my skin takes a lot of time to heal so I have to wait, but I have a lot of cysts under the skin, probably twice as much as normal, I think maybe they are all the ones that were hiding to come out later in months and they all came out at once, could that be it? haha, so maybe they are just all coming out, I can handle it, I mean I have to, I started school and I didn't go the first day because I felt horrible and because of that I lost points on an important class so, no ditching school for acne anymore for me i guess.

Last week was the worst, I had a lot of bumps, now lately they are drying up and I couldn't help to peel some in the shower but I peeled because the dead skin was there for about 3 days and it didn't fall so I got sick of them haha, today I felt less bumpy but still bumpy, tomorrow is my dermatologist appointment, I'm gonna ask her to put me on 60mg and ask her for a moisturizer cause I just can't find one that my skin likes, everything is really red irritated and bumpy, I hope i have another story to tell at the end of month 3, wish me luck!

Oh and I forgot to say this, for the last two weeks, I wash my face very gently but some pimples bleed i don't know why, does anyone know? this happened to me before accutane but I don't know why is happening since I wash my face very gently :(

@angela1985 I know! finally month 3, my skin is bad cause I think my initial breakout came out on month 2 but hopefully healing this month! :) let's hope

@crazy09 I think we did! it sucks but what can we do, let's hope it's clear in a month, IB sucks! haha i hate it

@sasguy Thanks for posting on my log! :) keep posting!, I'm gonna keep posting my progress so you can come here and if you have any questions you can ask :)

@axtine8 hi amy! glad you are back, i was checking your log to see your progress i'm gonna post after this to see how you are doing, we are both gonna turn 20, I always think, when i turn 21 i'll have the clearest skin lol, we will! :D

Edited by vintagelover

I'm sorry to hear that you are bleeding when you wash. What cleanser are you using? Just make sure it's super gentle! When I finish washing (I wash with Cetaphil for combination/acne prone skin) I pat my face dry with my towel. I also dont dry it 100%. I know it's sooo hard not to pick, but try not to - even if it's just dry skin that has been there for a couple of weeks. When it's ready it will fall off on its own. I had a piece of dry skin on my cheek for about 3 days and my sister was like "oh my god i want to pull that off your face!" haha it was really funny, but I did my best to not touch it and when it fell off on its own the skin underneith was perfect - no blood or pinkish skin at all :)

About the cysts: try not to stress over those either. You are very young and it's great that you are dealing with killing your acne for good at your age. I know it's hard right now but in a couple of months you will be completely clear and you arent even 21 yet :)

I wanted to ask you...did you feel anything coming to the surface during month 2, or were you shocked to see that you have new acne coming up? I just started my second month and it feels like my skin is doing really well *knock on wood* but I'm worried that I might get another breakout later on.