Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shorelyblonde

24, acne for the first time EVER

I posted another topic in the Vitamin section. I'm 24, and I have acne for the first time ever. I'm guessing it might have something to do with 2 years of antibiotic treatment (among other things) and the fact that I was amputated in November. Anyways, it sucks that topical treatments don't work for me! I feel like it makes me feel better like I'm actually doing something about it, but in the long run, it seems to be what I'm putting on the inside.

I'm guessing my acne is hormonal because of my age and the area. My jawline is a MESS! My forehead, cheeks, and chin are PERFECT. I only get 1 pimple here and there on my chin and it's usually very small and right around my period. I've never had any blackheads or whiteheads on my cheeks/forehead area, and considered myself lucky while growing up. Very frustrating that this is happening.

I'm still taking random medications for phantom pain, so I'm scared if I go to a dermo they are only going to try and put me on either antibiotics, the BCP (which I don't believe in, so that's out of the question) or some kind of hormonal medication.

Does anyone have any tips for anything natural I can do? I'm up for advice! Been taking vitamins and stuff but idk where else to go from here.