Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

is flaxseed good for acne

Guest Timehealsall

my mom reccomended me to put some flaxseed in my milk everynight and it should help with acne. Is this true, if so what type of flaxseed should i buy?

my mom reccomended me to put some flaxseed in my milk everynight and it should help with acne. Is this true, if so what type of flaxseed should i buy?

I think it's rich in omega 3's so yes it might help you but I'm not sure if it has to be soaked or not. Plus it has fiber so it will keep things moving in there. Keeping the GI tract moving can really help with acne if you're not already eating a high fiber diet. Also, if you're having a lot of trouble and nothing is help you, you might want to skip the milk. I'd put flaxseed on/in something else especially if you're going to be taking it every night... Drinking milk that often could definitely cause bad acne in someone who is sensitive to dairy. If you're not up for giving up dairy, try to buy organic or raw (hard to find).

Not everyone has a problem with dairy though. I don't break out from eating yogurt everyday. I don't eat massive quantities of dairy, but I don't think it effects me much. However, a good majority of people would have trouble if they ate a lot of dairy in a short period of time as it is hard to digest. cheers =)

Flax seed is estrogenic which helps some people while making others worse. It's more likely to help if you are female.

And you should by whole seeds and grind them in small amounts as you use it up. Get a coffee grinder, but reserve it for spices and seeds, never for coffee beans or everything will taste like coffee.

so flax seed will make you more female? (Fatten under waist etc) Ok not gonna touch that :P