Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SClippers

Products for dry hair/face

I found a bottle of Cetaphil laying around and it kind of smells so I'm guessing it expired. What would you say is a good moisturizer? My skin takes a 180 and looks great when I moisturize, even some of the lines on my face disappear. My problem is finding a moisturizer that isn't too thick.

Also, I've noticed that when I condition my hair it feels like it use to and not so straw like anymore. I would rather not lather olive oil on my hair during the day, maybe a conditioner would work?

I assume the reduction sebum is what causes this? Is there anything I can take orally to up my sebum production?

I wouldn't say my face is super dry as it gets oilier throughout the day, nothing excessive but I would like to do something to address it if possible.

What are you looking for in a moisturizer and conditioner? And what have you tried in the past that you don't like? (Also, maybe you can include a kind of price range)

As far as the facial moisturizer goes, one that won't leave me looking like I just came back from a run. I've only ever used Cetaphil and it was a bit too messy for my liking. Haven't used any other moisturizer since.

I haven't ever used a conditioner so I wouldn't know where to start. Perhaps I should invest in a new shampoo as well? I'm willing to shell out the money for a good product, not so much if it comes in a small tube and I have to regularly purchase it (monthly).

I'd be willing to go as high $30-40.

Edited by SClippers

Wow haha I admire you for holding out this long. I was all up in the drugstores by age 13. Well, I find La Roche Posay SPF 15 everyday moisturizer to be an excellent moisturizer and I love the fact that it has sunscreen in it. I got it at CVS. It's medium sized but you only need a little dab for your entire face. Garnier Nutritioniste also came out with a gel creme you might want to try.. I like L'oreal Vive conditoner and shampoo for a cheaper one. My hair comes out soft and shiny :)

Edited by bek_cogent

I don't know how often you wash your hair but I know my hair has become so much nicer now that I've started washing it less and with a gentler shampoo. Before I switched to just using Burt's Bees shampoo I was using Aussie products which were nice and affordable; I really loved the deep conditioner. They tend to smell a little girly though. Neutrogena makes a line of shampoos and conditioners called Triple Moisture that are very nice. They are meant for dry hair and are not that expensive (available in drugstores or somewhere like Target). I'd recommend those, including a deep conditioner. Check out that line, it's very good. As far as moisturizer, I currently use Cetaphil so I can't give very good suggestions. It's probably the best moisturizer I've used though, even if it's a little heavy. I just take a very small amount, about a pea size, and warm it between my hands then dab it just where I need the most moisture. I then take another pea size amount and do the same thing but pat it over my whole face. I find that's enough for me, not even a full pump. Good luck with finding the right stuff for you ;) I hope this helped.

my face and hair got really dry on tane. for ur face i recommend CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. it can be greasy but not as bad as cetaphil and it moisturizes WAY better. for ur hair, i recommend simple head and shoulders. it helped my hair cuz my scalp got really dry. its cheap too.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I picked up a couple of stuff today and we'll see how it goes.

Appreciate all the help.

For dryness on face my doc prescribed me "Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel"...

Its a water based moisturizer... yay!!

Just bought it today. I will give review in 1 weeks time... :angel:

am very positive about it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I picked up a couple of stuff today and we'll see how it goes.

Appreciate all the help.

I am using Cetaphil moisturiser and jojoba oil for a dry face. My face looks a bit greasy afterwards but this soon goes down. It feels really moisturised with these products though. Jojoba oil is also great for appyling to flakes of dry skin that appear during the day.

My hair was looking sooooooooo dry and I have finally figured out how to make it manageable. I am using Neutrogena T Gel shampoo for dry hair and instead of using normal conditioner, I am applying a coconut oil hair mask. These hair masks are normally meant for occasional use but because accutane makes your hair so dry, I have replaced my conditioner with it altogether and it is really making a difference. It also smells amazing! I tried applying jojoba oil to my hair once but it ended up looking really greasy and dirty so won't be doing that again lol.

Appreciate all the help.

What I've been doing, since my hair is pretty dry still from Accutane (dry meaning no oil), is JUST washing with conditioner, for the most part. I go to the gym every day and sweat like a pig, so I have to wash my hair, but using shampoo dries my scalp out even using baby shampoo.

It works pretty well. Last time I washed my hair with shampoo was Saturday morning, then I went to a baseball game where it was 97, got soaked with sweat, just rinsed my hair with water and conditioned that night, then did the same thing Monday night and Tuesday night after going to the gym. My hair does not look greasy, it looks shiny and feels soft.

I'll probably use shampoo tonight, though.

The moisturizer I have been using for a year is Aveeno Ultra Calming with SPF 15. A fellow member on here recommended it to me and I have been using it ever since. I have never had a problem with it breaking me out and it is pretty good as far as moisturizing. Sometimes I have to go over an area a second time, but it works well. By now I am sure you have already found something good, but in case you haven't you should try the Aveeno.