Notifications
Clear all

duac once daily more than once?

MemberMember
(@kitty121)

Posted : 07/25/2010 5:48 pm

Hi, I am using duac once a day at night, was wondering, can it be used twice a day?

I know its called ONCE a day etc, but I was wanting to use it morning and night as my skins really bad

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 07/25/2010 7:09 pm

Are you using anything else besides Duac?

MemberMember
(@kitty121)

Posted : 07/26/2010 4:45 am

Just Duac - my doc wouldn't give me anything else. My skin does seem to like duac, doesn't get too dry or anything like it does with other things i've tried.

I also suffer from melasma soanyone know what to use to help that, suggestions would be very welcome :)

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 07/26/2010 1:32 pm

Just Duac - my doc wouldn't give me anything else. My skin does seem to like duac, doesn't get too dry or anything like it does with other things i've tried.

I also suffer from melasma soanyone know what to use to help that, suggestions would be very welcome :)

Well I would only use it once a day. Since your skin is doing well with it, you don't want to mess that up. If they hadn't formulated it for once a day use I would say go ahead, but I think there has to be reasons for that. Just try and enjoy your progress :)

MemberMember
(@pleasehelp123)

Posted : 07/28/2010 7:25 am

Heyy i just finished using 12 weeks of differin at night, and duac in the mornings..

I only used it once a day - in the mornings - but found if i applied too much of it, my skin would get irritated later in the afternoon and my face would flush and turn red for a few hours, particularly after i ate something.

I wouldnt reccomend it more than once, saying that, i was on differin in the night time aswell.

MemberMember
(@michellejayc)

Posted : 07/29/2010 11:07 pm

here is my personal experience, not sure if it'd be the same for anybody else but thot i'd share:

first doctor(a GP) looked at my moderate acne for literally 2 seconds and wrote me a prescription for epiduo and said nothing about how to use it, what to do/not to do. so i used epiduo for about i dunno, a week? it burnt the crap out of my face, my face was red and in agony to be point that i couldnt sleep at nights. oh, and i got about 50 monster zits (including cysts, nodules, huge clutters of acne that had 3-4 disgusting heads, etc.....u name it, i had it on my face) on each side of my face from it. so i guess that experience had sensitised my face a lil bit.

then i went to a derm immediately, he told me to drop epiduo right away, and use duac once daily cream once every night. i did that for two weeks, had peeling, dryness, discomfort, most of the zits that i got had surfaced, including the inflammed ones, which HURTS. my face was hurting from just smiling. but i was that desperate i just pushed on.

by week 3 the discomfort had gone away, sort of. and i had an event coming up in 10 days so i thot stuff it, cant get any worse. so i started using it twice a day. didnt experience more discomfort from the 'double dose' (guess my skin was either used to it or dead from all the torture...lol). but i did notice the zits were going down quicker.

by the end of week 4 i went back to the derm for a check up. he actually said he was very happy with the progress my skin had made. he said normally it would take longer for most.

so i'd suggest if your skin isnt normally extremely sensitive, pick a day where u dont have to go anywhere or do anything, use it twice but only in the tiniest amount (e.g. half a pea size), if it starts to irriate your skin badly then wash it off and stick with once a day. if your skin is tougher than you thot then it might(key word being 'might') help getting rid of ur acne faster.....

good luck!

MemberMember
(@smarties)

Posted : 08/02/2010 11:10 pm

I am currently using Duac twice a day. (In the morning and before I go to bed.)

My doctor (not dermatologist, couldn't afford to visit him) told me to use it twice a day.

It's been a year now, and I'm really happy with my skin. It completely cleared my skin, and I only get one or two pimples now, that don't even get that big or red.

It REALLY dried out my skin at first (it as 5% BP in it and you're using it twice a day) but my skin adjusted after about a month, so now it's no problem. Just use a good moisturizer in the morning.

I'm saying I don't think it would hurt to use it twice a day, but once you're clear I think you should reduce it to once a day or switch to something more gentle. Just because 5% of BP twice a day does seem pretty harsh, and I don't know anything about the potential affects of using a strong amount of BP for a long time.

Sorry it's long. D:

MemberMember
(@pinkpeppermint)

Posted : 04/24/2016 8:18 am

lol yes i know the feeling of being obssessed with duac. i would say do it only once a day or as recommended. if you want to simply speed up results, what i did was buy an otc benzoyl peroxide with higher percentage and used it on top of duac at night. i an afraid you will burn your skin during the day. oh! and when i ised it for daytime once it peeled on my skin when dried. not a good look for sure. i hope this helps.