Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strwberry2178

How long does it take to see a NEGATIVE result from birth control..?

I know this is kind of an odd question..but I was just wondering how long it would take to see a bad reaction of birth control. I am starting Aviane next Sunday...and I was wondering how soon I might break out bad from it, if it's even going to happen at all? I've read some pretty bad reviews...but also some good ones. So I was just curious as to how soon those of you with bad reactions started breaking out. Thanks!!

I'm on Cy-estra 35 (generic Diane) and I broke out in the second month pretty bad. I also started feeling really moody and depressed--which was worse. I'm now in my 4th month (beginning) and it is getting slightly better. I've switched to the actual Diane b/c I heard the generic version of the pill isn't as good as the real thing (I think that goes for all of them?). I think you should give it at least 3-6 months, even if you break out, until you make up your mind. You may be one of the lucky ones who clears up right away...who knows? One thing I have learnt is that you can't go by anyone else's experience b/c everyone's body is different. What works for one might be a nightmare for another. You just have to keep trying until you find your "perfect fit."

Good luck to you :)

The recommended time to give birth control a chance is at least three months. I'll admit that I've stopped a birth control prematurely because of a bad breakout, but to really know you should give it the three months, at least :)

Unless of course, something serious or life threatening is happening.

I just started a new BCP 5 days ago and I'm starting to get some more bumps than I was. S'ok though, I'm gonna wait it out this time.