Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_lacayo5204

I think It may be Rosacea, diagnosing myself after years**

So for those who have been on acne.org before I have struggled with my battle of acne for years. I have been up and down...trying to find something that works and figuring out what ecatky I have. I have noticed that my face is constantly red only in my chin area and a little bit on my jawline..mostly where my blemished/bumps are. Now you cant pop these bumps..its like an under the skin bump that blends in with my skin tone or is in fact red...touch it and nothing comes out. My skin is just red which makes my face in fact worse than what it really is.

So Im thinking I may have papular/pustular rosacea. Mind you my face is always red in those specified areas without makeup on, its gets worse whenever I drink alcohol-gets really red and noticable... I can tell when I have few breakouts from my menstrual cycle and theyll go away usually within a week, so I know those are actual "pimples" Not these red round bumps on my face that u cannot touch. My face doesnt burn like other rosacea sufferers have said, it sometimes does feel dry so i use olive oil to moisturize.

I would appreciate advice you guys...

Btw im very skeptic on prescriptions pills.. I use products that are organic and natural for the skin, such as apple cider vinegar, olive oil, or cleanser from Avalon organics.I also spot treat these bumps with Sulphur ointment..

have you seen a derm? It could be stage 2 or 3 rosacea and I believe there are nonablative lasers that help with the condition. Go talk to your doc or derm to figure it out and you may have an easier time solving this.

good luck.

ps the redness could be due to inflammation from rosacea and alcohol, caffeine, sugar, heat, stress, exasperate this. Try things in your diet like olive oil, green tea, vitamin d, vitamin e, pineapple, and whatever other noninflammatory foods there are (i cant think of them off the top of my head)

overall i think seek advice from multi docs and research before you commit to any laser.

Thanks for the reply.. actually i did laser back when i had cysts forming., and it helping to an extent but wasnt anything drastic. Yeah i live in Miami and i work outside in the heat.so I know its not helping my skin, especially with makeup on all the oils on top are getting mixed in my skin- but I have no choice bc i cant go out the house looking that way. Im gonna look into adding aloe vera, and other anti-inflammatory properties, into my diet-- i also notice egg white mask helps alot.

vitamin e oil is great to apply at night as it soothes the skin and reduces redness. aloe vera is also great for consumption I hear.

Wear ample sunblock.

Heya

It does sound like Rosacea, Type 2 - Papulopustular Rosacea. Alcohol extremely well known to cause Rosacea flares. I have to avoid it altogether. A Dermatologist will be the right person to seek an accurate diagnosis from.

You might find it helpful to read info on Rosacea Forum: http://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/...display.php?f=9

If it is Rosacea type 2 (which doesn't get the flushing/burning) then probably the best course of treatment would be long-term Oracea or low dose Doxycycline e.g. 50mg day, combined with a probiotic (E.g. Inner health Plus), really healthy Rosacea-friendly diet, and protection from the sun (trigger). Oral treatments help control things e.g. p&ps, and help to lessen the chance of Rosacea progressing over time.

I hope you seek advice from a Derm; they'll be the best help here.

Best, Shantelle

Edited by Shantelle

Thanks for the reply.. actually i did laser back when i had cysts forming., and it helping to an extent but wasnt anything drastic. Yeah i live in Miami and i work outside in the heat.so I know its not helping my skin, especially with makeup on all the oils on top are getting mixed in my skin- but I have no choice bc i cant go out the house looking that way. Im gonna look into adding aloe vera, and other anti-inflammatory properties, into my diet-- i also notice egg white mask helps alot.

At night, applying CeraVe or Cetaphil moisturizing cream works wonders. It will not clog pores and it helps heal the skin, along with acting as a skin barrier.

Perhaps when you are working outside, you could wear a hat or visor? That helps 90% of the time!

My skin is also dry too if i do not moisturize... ive read that feverfew PFE free licorice, and green tea , and colloidal help..has anyone has experience trying this things out?! Also i dunno the outcomes of Oracea if it will make it worse or lead to "breakouts"

Green tea contains caffeine, which is apparently one of the worst things for rosacea.

I have some facial redness and some blotchy red marks, but I'm not sure what exactly I have. Which I why I'm finally booking a dermatologist appt. I'm expecting to be put on Finacea or Oracea or Doxycycline.

Ive read that everybody says green tea helps on rosacea websites....i hate though being reliant on a pill to cure me...if it even does that because some people say it worked for them others say it did nothing, and in the process what if it makes my face worse?