Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SGlo

My doc lowered my dose from 40 to 20 once per day

I was on 40 mg once per day, and my skin was pretty great the whole time. But I had a lot of aches and pains, so my doc lowered me to 20. Then she said if I flared up, I could alternate 40 and 20.

I'm not sure what to expect with the lower dose. Breakouts? Less efficacy?

The 40 mgs didn't clear me entirely, and my back still isn't clear. But I certainly didn't have any kind of IB.

We're in the same boat, girl! Let's go through this heads on together and we'll tell each other if we experience something that would be bad. Lol. :)

Sorry, I haven't posted anything to your posts...I've been so busy here lately that I hardly have time to read mine!

Sounds good! We weigh about the same, too.

So far I've noticed a slight reduction in my heel pain, but a huge reduction in my overall body pain. I've also noticed a sudden light breakout in the last 4 days, (I started the lower dose about 7 days ago.) But it's not that bad, it's just surprising because I thought I was going to see less acne by this time and I didn't have an initial breakout yet.

Still no period yet.

My skin is not as dry as it was on 40mgs. A little bit of oil has come back on my face, but nowhere near as bad as it was before.

That's it so far for me.

You had body and heel pain? I don't think I ever had any of that at all on Accutane. But, we're all different. And yeah. I felt the same. Lol. I was like, "Yes! I'll be having clear skin in no time!" Not exactly quite how it works, unfortunately. Wish it was though, that'd be so much better than all this crap we have to deal with.

Hopefully, your period will come. Not that that's gonna be a very joyful day, but still. It'd make me feel better if my periods were once again regular, so I feel your pain to an extent.

And once again, hopefully, we'll have clear skin, regular periods, no body pain, and no skin worries very, very soon. :)