Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spot The Difference

Benzoyl Peroxide in the UK?

Hi I'm in the UK and what sort of products contain Benzoyl Peroxide?

I am on Accutane for 3 weeks now and would like to start using Benzoyl Peroxide based products as I heard it works.

What sort of regimen should I use?

Hi all,

I am currently on Accutane and only use a skin wash - botonic facewash for dry and normal skin.

I sometime moisturise (When my skin feels dry)

What regimen should I be doing while on accutane?

Cleanser? Exfoliator?

i highly suggest the CeraVe line for when ur on accutane.

1) Wash with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser: it doesn't dry u out, its very gentle, but effective

2) Moistruize with CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion: best moistruizer ive used, a little greasy, but necessary on tane

do this twice a day. morning and night. with nothing else. no exfoliator, no acne fighting products. just simple cleanse and mositurize. and if u need to, u can moistruize more than just twice a day

CeraVe also has a good body mositurizer. i never used it, but ive heard great things!

Well, since you're on accutane it might be best to ask your derm if you should use anything else. He/she might say to just keep with the accutane at present.

Years ago when I took Roaccutane I was told not to use any other acne type treatments at the same time. However things may have changed or different doctors may have different ideas. I would personally feel that it would be best not to attack your skin with more than one drying treatment at a time, but others may have other ideas.

I would think after the treatment with roaccutane you (hopefully) wouldn't need any other treatment, well not for quite a while at least, and if you're lucky it might sort it permanently.

I would concentrate on moisturizing well, your skin needs special care at the moment.

I see so a cleanser and moistener is advisable?

I'm in the UK so I don;'t think I can buy those products here. I'll have a look at some cleansers.

Do you use a face wash product then cleanser?? Or is a cleanser all you need when washing your face?

Moved to accutane posts.

Read the pinned posts at the top of the Accutane forum.

Moved to Accutane posts. Merged with other almost identical topic.

You don't need anything but the Accutane, a gentle cleanser, and a moisturizer/lip balm. Your derm should have told you what to use; ask your derm.

You can get Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, and Cetaphil Lotion and Cream at Lloyd's Pharmacy in the UK now, but I think you've a better chance of finding it in the larger branches. I think a lot of derms recommend that. You can also find it on the net, at Pharmacy2U.

im also in the uk, ive been using just water to wash my face in a morning and night. Sometimes i use a boots botanicals cleanser, its kind of a weird texture but it doesnt irratate or dry. Then i use Simple kind to skin soothing toner, then slather my skin in e45 cream :) i probably wouldnt advise you to slather it on if your going out as its quite a rich cream but definatly at night... ive not had any dry skin trouble while ive been using it :)

the pharmacist I spoke to recommended Simple or E45 products. Cetaphil seems to be a popular one though. Eucerin products are good also.

Just get a cleanser with no acne fighting ingredients in it and a good moisturiser, it doesnt have to be expensive. good luck!