Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ppopsicle

Different places & the food/water/air/etc. affecting skin?

I live in Canada and I've had really horrible acne for the past year on pretty much my entire face. I've been in China for a month now and for some reason my skin has improved a lot! There are no active pimples right now and the redness/dark marks are fading. Could this have anything to do with the conditions in different countries? The water here is either softer or harder (?) and it's not clean for drinking, but I've been washing my face with it. I've also been using the same products - face wash, sunscreen, foundation. The air quality is definitely worse here in a big city, though, people smoke everywhere, and I think I've actually been eating unhealthier, which is really weird. It is really hot here though, and very humid, which is nice for my skin because it's not as dry. But I don't use moisturizer anyway, so ... yeah.

Has anyone noticed their skin reacting while travelling? I'm hoping that my face just decided to get better on its own and has nothing to do with the different countries. It'll be really depressing if the place where I live is causing my acne.

Edited by ppopsicle

It's highly likely that you have developed a range of sensitivities and intolerances. Be wary of what triggers symptoms and stay away from them as you should be making an effort to heal your body.

While vacationing, you might be unintentionally avoiding foods you normally eat at home but have an unknown sensitivity or allergy to. That's the only thing that makes sense to me, given the impurity of the water and the poor air quality.

Has your sleep schedule changed? Are you outside for more of the day?

ppopsicle, do you have oily skin and did you notice a reduction?

also, i believe the benefits you are seeing are due to the dirty water :o

pure water seems to influence oily skin and i know it aggravates skin related diseases.

Edited by soosyv

why does cameran diaz (or however you spell her name) only wash her face with Evian water then?

Grind,

mineral water is dirty water :)

it is not pure

I didn't mean specifically dirty water as one may come to imagine but the purity of that water.

so yes, she is doing something which I wanted to try for a long time.

wow

now i understand :)

thanks for that

on the issue of location. i always find my skin improves when i'm in a place like dubai which has a hot a arid climate most of the year. humid countries like thailand never do my skin any good, especially the local food (mostly fried), does me the world of damage. but it often evens out with how relaxed i am when i'm there, so its not as bad as it might be if we swapped the humidity and diet with the relaxed emotions of when i'm at work etc