Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is gonna sound really crazy. There's your warning.

I had a nodule on my nose this morning and I decided I was gonna stick a needle down deep till it popped. Well the needle nearly pierced my nose and I still didnt pop the nodule. So being a dumbass, I said hey! Ima go get some pliers! So im standing in the mirror trying to pop this thing with the pliers and they slip and scrap the top layer of my skin off. Now this was maybe 10 hours ago. Now i'm gonna try to describe the scab to you guys. Its like a moist off-yellowish scab with a little black/purple dot in the middle where the needle went. I need this thing gone in 9 days. Thats when I go back to school. Do you think it will be gone by then naturally or is there something I need to do to boost the healing process? Right now I was told to put vaseline on it to keep it moist so it doesnt scar up. Help!

Note to Mods : I think this is the appropriate section. If not please move it. Thanks. :)

Vaseline (petroleum jelly) alone would be fine, plus a bandaid. Or Neosporin cream or Polysporin and a bandaid. The bandaid will help keep the ointment in place. And help keep it from rubbing off while you're sleeping.

During the day you can wear the bandaid and ointment or not.

I'll move this to moderate acne forum.

Vaseline (petroleum jelly) alone would be fine, plus a bandaid. Or Neosporin cream or Polysporin and a bandaid. The bandaid will help keep the ointment in place. And help keep it from rubbing off while you're sleeping.

During the day you can wear the bandaid and ointment or not.

I'll move this to moderate acne forum.

Thanks,

Using this method how long do you think it will take to go away? Would you say less than 10 days?

I can't say how long it will take to go away.

Hmmmm....don't do that kind of thing again, ok? :P Pliers aren't exactly clean and could have icky stuff on them. So just do your good cleanse (your normal cleanser is fine) tonight, then put on the antibiotic and a bandaid and you should be fine. MAYBE in seven days, maybe less, depends on how well you heal.

i used to be a master of this, here was my method:

neosporin during the scab stage. put some on the scab, and then put a band aid over it. just one that is big enough for that scab, i understand how stupid a big band aid can look on your face. i even used to cut the band aid into a smaller piece so it just fit around the scab and then just put it on, so it didn't detract too much from the rest of my face and just looked like i got scratched up or something.

then, when the scab would end up coming off, and it would be a red mark and such, i used vitamin e to help it fade over time and stay moist so it wouldn't re-scab or anything.

good luck, i don't know how many times i've said to myself "hey, you're a real idiot for doing that." hopefully it heals itself up quick!

as far as the scab is concerned, you'll have that for about a week, maybe a week and a half. the ACTUAL mark? well, let's just see what happens haha. at least you'll be treating it effectively so it will take some time off the scales.

I can't say how long it will take to go away.

Hmmmm....don't do that kind of thing again, ok? :P Pliers aren't exactly clean and could have icky stuff on them. So just do your good cleanse (your normal cleanser is fine) tonight, then put on the antibiotic and a bandaid and you should be fine. MAYBE in seven days, maybe less, depends on how well you heal.

What about some neosporin according to research it helps scabs heal. I wonder if it is comedogenic.

i used to be a master of this, here was my method:

neosporin during the scab stage. put some on the scab, and then put a band aid over it. just one that is big enough for that scab, i understand how stupid a big band aid can look on your face. i even used to cut the band aid into a smaller piece so it just fit around the scab and then just put it on, so it didn't detract too much from the rest of my face and just looked like i got scratched up or something.

then, when the scab would end up coming off, and it would be a red mark and such, i used vitamin e to help it fade over time and stay moist so it wouldn't re-scab or anything.

good luck, i don't know how many times i've said to myself "hey, you're a real idiot for doing that." hopefully it heals itself up quick!

as far as the scab is concerned, you'll have that for about a week, maybe a week and a half. the ACTUAL mark? well, let's just see what happens haha. at least you'll be treating it effectively so it will take some time off the scales.

Did the neosporin make you breakout at all? How long did your scabs heal? See I dont even know if I can call it a scab. Its at the same level as my skin. Just like my skin formed over in a different color..

Edited by charper2013

Neosporin ointment is comedogenic. The Neosporin plus pain isn't if I remember correctly. :P

I prefer Polysporin, myself.

BUT for a small area, it's not a problem to use something that's comedogenic to help in the healing. Topical antibiotics in a petroleum jelly base do help in healing.

Sometimes, plain old petroleum jelly is used as it's soothing and healing all by itself. But the added antibiotic might be a good idea just since you used the pliers. ;)

Neosporin ointment is comedogenic. The Neosporin plus pain isn't if I remember correctly. :P

I prefer Polysporin, myself.

BUT for a small area, it's not a problem to use something that's comedogenic to help in the healing. Topical antibiotics in a petroleum jelly base do help in healing.

Sometimes, plain old petroleum jelly is used as it's soothing and healing all by itself. But the added antibiotic might be a good idea just since you used the pliers. ;)

Yah, but lets remember that there is still a unpopped nodule up under this. Is Polysporin comedogenic?

Edited by charper2013

Polysporin isn't.

The following two links are to websites that list comedogenic ingredients. You can research the ingredients in your product(s) and determine if any might be problematic. The second link is to a PDF so if your computer is old or cranky, your computer might freeze. Remember that the further down on the list of ingredients, the less percentage of that ingredient is in the product. So a comedogenic ingredient that is in the last half of an ingredient list may or may not cause you problems. http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

Did the neosporin make you breakout at all? How long did your scabs heal? See I dont even know if I can call it a scab. Its at the same level as my skin. Just like my skin formed over in a different color..

no, the neosporin didn't make me breakout at all. just make sure each time you do apply it you are washing your hands, or use something other than your fingers to put it on. i know exactly what you are talking about with the "sort of" scab, i've had this plenty of times trying to pop something that didn't pop and then taking it WAY too far with any sort of weapon/tool necessary haha. it seems you chose pliers for your self destruction.

the timetable i gave you was pretty much my own timetable. it would take about a week and a half to get it down to just a red mark (mind you, a very unattractive red mark, let's not beat the bush), and then a good couple weeks to a month before it became generally unnoticeable.

don't be like me and not learn your lesson. i did it countless times before i finally stopped. make sure this is just the only time you do it, and always remember what happened when you went tool time on your acne :)

no, the neosporin didn't make me breakout at all. just make sure each time you do apply it you are washing your hands, or use something other than your fingers to put it on. i know exactly what you are talking about with the "sort of" scab, i've had this plenty of times trying to pop something that didn't pop and then taking it WAY too far with any sort of weapon/tool necessary haha. it seems you chose pliers for your self destruction.

the timetable i gave you was pretty much my own timetable. it would take about a week and a half to get it down to just a red mark (mind you, a very unattractive red mark, let's not beat the bush), and then a good couple weeks to a month before it became generally unnoticeable.

don't be like me and not learn your lesson. i did it countless times before i finally stopped. make sure this is just the only time you do it, and always remember what happened when you went tool time on your acne :)

UPDATE : I peeled the scab off today and it left a pinkish red depressed spot in my skin. This was about a hour ago and it doesnt look like its making any attempts to rescab or heal over. Should I just leave it alone and wait till tommorow and see what it does.. This is really depressing me... I really dont want another bad scar...

UPDATE : I peeled the scab off today and it left a pinkish red depressed spot in my skin. This was about a hour ago and it doesnt look like its making any attempts to rescab or heal over. Should I just leave it alone and wait till tommorow and see what it does.. This is really depressing me... I really dont want another bad scar...

You should have just left it alone and not picked the scab. Anytime I pick a scab, it leaves a pink mark that takes weeks if not months to go away. The longer the scab stays on, the better chance you have of it healing over correctly without scarring or a bad red mark being left behind.

i would just put neosporin on it and then put a band aid over it and try not to think about it. the band aid can be your best friend cuz it keeps you from touching the scab/depressed mark.