Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quocy04

I NEED ADVICES & HELP!!!!!!

I'm new at this scar stuff and i was wondeing if you could see my pixs and tell me what kinda scars i have and what is the best Method for me to use. I want a method thats easy to use and soemthing that wont cost ALOT, like something I can do at home. PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ Give me some advices! :ph34r:

PIX

PIX2

PIX3

PIX4

PIX5

PIX6

PIX7

PIX8

From looking at the pictures, it looks to me as if you mainly have red marks, with some mild indentation. It looks as though you have a couple of small ice picks and some minor rolling scars. I think your skin will respond well to relatively cheap treatments smile.gif

To improve and normalise your overall skin tone (which will make redness and hyperpigmentation less noticeable), look into:

- lactic acid peels

- puredeming intense gel (both available from HERE)

For ice pick scarring, the procedures that are effective are quite expensive. You could look into:

- skin needling

- punch excision

- TCA cross

You can perform TCA cross yourself but it can be dangerous so I wouldn't advise it.

For rolling scars, home treatments again are limited. You might want to look into:

- microdermabrasion kits

- TCA peels

or if you decide to look into surgery, research the following:

- smoothbeam

- needling

- subcision.

Hope this is helpful. Check out the FAQ at the top of the board for lots of good advice and links.

It really looks like you have mostly red marks and maybe some very shallow scarring.

You can allow time to improve the red marks, which is the cheapest and safest option, or you can opt for peels done weekly to fade the red marks quicker.

I wouldn't advise treating any of the scars right now since they seem very shallow. From the pics, I'm not even sure you have any indents. You will be able to tell if you have indents after the red marks are gone and treat them accordingly.

If you're going to do do CROSS yourself, why not practice first with ordinary water and get the hang of it b4 actually using the acid? I can't believe nobody has ever suggested this! (someone might have but I don't frequent this forum so I wouldn't know :shifty: )

If you're going to do do CROSS yourself, why not practice first with ordinary water and get the hang of it b4 actually using the acid? I can't believe nobody has ever suggested this! (someone might have but I don't frequent this forum so I wouldn't know :shifty: )

Heh, and while were at it, here's another CROSS idea of mine: I've noticed that some people complain about how they can't get enough TCA on the toothpick for just one satisfactory application, ostensibly because the wood absorbs the acid too slowly or too poorly. So I did a little experiment: I took a tiny whiff of cotton, put it around the end of the toothpick and twirled until between my fingers until it had spun itself perfectly and evenly into the toothpick. Then I dipped the tip into water and saw that it absorbed much better into the cotton than into bare wood. And when I pressed it into my skin (on my hand), I noticed that the water released much more easily and in slightly greater volume, tho still very little.. And best of all, IT DIDN'T DRIP!!! (Dripping isn't good, right?) I think that the cotton reabsorbs any fluid that would attempt to "escape" i.e. overflow or drip. I repeated this procedure on a sheet of thick paper and observed the way the water released itself into it: it slowly and evenly spreads spreads out from the point of insertion and in greater volume (it doesn't gush out if that's what you're worried about). Try it yourselves and see. I would expect that the same thing would happen inside the scar being CROSSed.. So if you were to use this technique to actual TCA CROSS, you would prob need only one application per scar cos the amount of acid being absorbed and released would be (slightly) larger. Tho this is only my theory and not a proven fact so don't rush out and do this without testing it using ordinary water.

Also, b4 applying the actual TCA, it might be a good idea to "open" the scar i.e. widen it a bit with another toothpick (nothing on it, of course) by pressing it hard into the scar you're about to CROSS. It should stay "open and wide" and visible long enough for you to apply the TCA. In theory, this should lessen the chance of you accidently missing the scar and damaging healthy skin.

Hope this helps someone. biggrin.gif

Thx for the tips guys!!! How much is lactic acid peels

and microdermabrasion kits or a TCA peels and whats indents scar? Sorry im newbie at this kinda stuff sad.gifsad.gif

No need to worry. First of all, as already mentioned, you have lots of red marks that will eventually fade. Then in case you are left with some minor scars, they will look much much better in the future because you are young and your face produces a lot of collagen, heals good and regenerates quite often. If after all, you are left with a few marks and you feel that you would like to improve your skin, home microdermabrasion kits like dermasponges would be a nice idea, I think.

In response to your questions, Quocy,

-Lactic acid peels cost around $15 for 1/2 oz. This amount will last quite a long time, so the price is fairly cheap.

You can get them from Puredeming and Loganwood Skincare

-Microdermabrasion kits cost upwards of $30 depending on what sort you go for. Here's a microdermabrasion scrub formula that sounds quite good: http://www.victoriahealth.com/vh2/contents...ils.csp?pi=1215

-TCA peels are more expensive. You can get them from Loganwood skincare again, but I wouldn't recommend you try these at the moment. Your scarring/red marks do not look bad enough to try something as strong as TCA, in my opinion. I think you'll benefit just as well from lactic acid. smile.gif

Good luck!

Well you guys said i have mostly red marks and its notting bad. I was wondign if the red marks can get worser? Also when my red marks heal from using lactic acid peels or leaving it lone for it to heal, will it leave a mark or will it be bacfk the way it used 2 be when i didnt have the scar? I was wondeing this becaause when I dont see redness on my face i see a mark, A brown one i think im not sure but it was a mark. :unsure:

Red marks usually fade without leaving any sort of mark or scar behind afterwards. Brown marks can be slightly different, as these are more likely to be hyperpigmented . You should check out the information on hyperpigmentation in the FAQ.

smile.gif

Well by looking at the pixs what do u think i have Red Marks Or Hyperpigment? I'm not sure what I have because soemtime i look like i have red marks and otehr time it seem like i have a brown marks but im not what! :doh: I'm really confused

I think they look like red marks, although it's difficult to tell in pictures. I don't think you should worry too much about treating them intensely at the moment - if you can be patient it is likely that they will fade significantly within a few months.

For a less expensive and more simple way of accelerating healing, try to ensure that you are taking supplements which encourage skin healing, such as vitamins E and C and zinc.

You could check your progress in a few weeks (if you can wait that long smile.gif ) and if you are still unhappy, you might want to look into lactic acid peels.

Often the best policy with red marks is to let the body heal itself.

I was wondeing if hyperpigment can be red too? because if its just brown then i guess its easier to tell but if it can be red then it'll hard to tell if its a red mark or hyperpigment scar. question.gif I Had bad ance for 3 years now and now im 19. I never really took care of my face back in the day, but now i been cleaning it and it doesnt have that much ance right now, well i dont have any right now but i can feel 1 coming. Most of my acne were on my cheeks ;(

Hmm. This time I can see what look to be indentations. This would mean that you do have some scarring and not just red marks; however, what looks to be there looks quite shallow.

I think firstly you should allow your red marks to heal, and then possibly look into some fairly mild scar treatments for rolling and boxcar scars - perhaps needling or smoothbeam, although even these might be too extreme.

You could try microdermabrasion combined with copper peptides first and see if this has any effect.

Good luck. smile.gif

Sorry, all those terms must sound quite overwhelming - after looking again I can't actually see any ice picks, and boxcar scars and rolling scars are very similar so it is difficult to tell what sort you have.

Don't worry - your scarring doesn't look very bad to me - I think once the red marks have cleared you will be a lot happier with your skin, and red marks do not usually take too long to heal.

smile.gif

Well I know that i have some icepick scars becuase its the easiest to tell but im nto worry about them cuz i only have a few small one. Well i hope my red marks will heal fast because iwanan know what kinda scars i have because the red marks seems to hide the other scars i think. :sad: I was looking on the net for microdermabrasion and they seem to cost around 100+ thats alot for soemthing your not sure if it will work. :eek: I also been doing the Vinegar Method for about 3 weeks now and it seem to help a little.

Hey my scarring is kinda similar to this on parts of my face. Should I go easy on the BP here and allow my skin to heal??????? question.gif