Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dansoccer

Question about really mild scarring.

Whats up? I had been a member on this board about two years ago, went on accutane nearly 3 years ago, and slowly fell off - forgot my password and even my screen name.

Anyways, I am 20 years old and have really mild scaring, mostly on my right cheek. I do not think I need anything too drastic - such as peels, crosses, etc - and only in the worst of light can you actually tell I have scarring - but like most people whether it be mild or sever it still causes some kind of self-conscious sensor to ring off in your head. As for a description, on my left cheek I mainly have, from what I have gathered looking around the boards, ice pick scars (maybe three or more) and raised scars (I would assume some type of pore problem?) and on my right check I have rolling scars (not really visible until I get the right light on them, and sometimes I can't even see them at all). When I rub my hand over them I can typically not feel them unless I really try - which makes me assume they are not deep and may be "treatable", using that term lightly, with some type of cream or oil.

As for the lightening deal, to give some insight as to what they look like without a decent picture to show, usually if I look in my car window from outside it looks a lot worse than if I look at it from any other point of view - understandable because of the "blandness" of the actual image being reflected. As for other occasions, I can usually look at my face while at work, in bathrooms, at home and not really notice too much. But on my right cheek, one rolling scar always bothers me seeing as it is the deepest one on my face. Generally I can't see it, but otherwise it is still there - especially in the back of my mind. Overall, I was wondering if there are generally any minor creams or oils, as I have already mentioned, that could "lessen" the amount of "pittedness" that has occurred.

Sorry for the biography, just trying to be as detailed as I can without having any pictures to provide as a good reference. Thanks for any help that can be provided. Any type of treatment you think could be suitable is appreciated - whether or not it be the peels, cross, etc - but I would prefer to avoid them.

Whats up? I had been a member on this board about two years ago, went on accutane nearly 3 years ago, and slowly fell off - forgot my password and even my screen name.

Anyways, I am 20 years old and have really mild scaring, mostly on my right cheek. I do not think I need anything too drastic - such as peels, crosses, etc - and only in the worst of light can you actually tell I have scarring - but like most people whether it be mild or sever it still causes some kind of self-conscious sensor to ring off in your head. As for a description, on my left cheek I mainly have, from what I have gathered looking around the boards, ice pick scars (maybe three or more) and raised scars (I would assume some type of pore problem?) and on my right check I have rolling scars (not really visible until I get the right light on them, and sometimes I can't even see them at all). When I rub my hand over them I can typically not feel them unless I really try - which makes me assume they are not deep and may be "treatable", using that term lightly, with some type of cream or oil.

As for the lightening deal, to give some insight as to what they look like without a decent picture to show, usually if I look in my car window from outside it looks a lot worse than if I look at it from any other point of view - understandable because of the "blandness" of the actual image being reflected. As for other occasions, I can usually look at my face while at work, in bathrooms, at home and not really notice too much. But on my right cheek, one rolling scar always bothers me seeing as it is the deepest one on my face. Generally I can't see it, but otherwise it is still there - especially in the back of my mind. Overall, I was wondering if there are generally any minor creams or oils, as I have already mentioned, that could "lessen" the amount of "pittedness" that has occurred.

Sorry for the biography, just trying to be as detailed as I can without having any pictures to provide as a good reference. Thanks for any help that can be provided. Any type of treatment you think could be suitable is appreciated - whether or not it be the peels, cross, etc - but I would prefer to avoid them.

Wow it sounds like we have identical scarring. Everything you described is how mine is..On my left cheek I have like 3 or 4 ice pick scars.. and large pores and a few ice picks on my right. Unfortunately, I really don't think there is any kinda of cream that can fix this.. I've even had micros and laser resurfacing, and that didn't help( and I dont consider mine that bad either) :/ It sounds like a cross for our ice picks is the way to go. I'm thinking about doing it myself or possibly trying Retin A (which is supposed to smooth out your skin). But if I find something that works, I will let you know!!

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated. I am not really too self-conscious with myself like I use to be. Over time I have noticed that a lot of it has sort of smoothed out on its own, along with the reduction of the redness that was present after accutane. But I always have that thought in the back of my mind that it is completely noticeable, although it probably is not - I am just nit-picking at myself. I've opened up and have introduced myself to more social-situations than I had previously - thanks mostly to the severe acne I had for about four years along with the very mild scarring that still persists.

And, sorry if this is an absurd question, but I have read a lot of people posting about this "Retin-A." What exactly is it?

i think fraxel restore would do the trick since one of my friends had it done and it helped with his minor scars..hey liveinlove wat type of laser resurfacing did u have done and how many times?? thnx

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated. I am not really too self-conscious with myself like I use to be. Over time I have noticed that a lot of it has sort of smoothed out on its own, along with the reduction of the redness that was present after accutane. But I always have that thought in the back of my mind that it is completely noticeable, although it probably is not - I am just nit-picking at myself. I've opened up and have introduced myself to more social-situations than I had previously - thanks mostly to the severe acne I had for about four years along with the very mild scarring that still persists.

And, sorry if this is an absurd question, but I have read a lot of people posting about this "Retin-A." What exactly is it?

I know the feeling.. Its always on my mind when I'm talking to people.. I don't mind as much if it's not a well lit room, but in the sunlight I'm extra self-conscious! lol Thats really awesome that you overcame your acne though :] It would just make life so much easier if we had it, and got rid of it, and then had perfect skin! lol

But, to make this more clear, I pulled this description off the internet about Retin A..

Retin-A is a topical medication that may be gel or cream based. Retin-A medications are offered at numerous concentration levels, each designed for a specific skin type. The primary purpose of Retin-A is to provide a light chemical peel that speeds the natural exfoliation process and enhances collagen production.

Yeah, I feel you on the outside deal, and I now find myself always checking my face out in mirrors inside - I feel like I am getting some type of OCD. :confused: Lol. Anyways, I work at a retail place and always have to deal with people face-to-face and I also find myself checking out their eyes to see where they go - because I always assume that they go directly to my scars. I have even grown out a scruff look to try and hide them a little better - but I have always been told I look better clean shaved. I know it is a complete sub-subconscious deal, but anything to get rid of them will improve everything all-together.

Yeah, I feel you on the outside deal, and I now find myself always checking my face out in mirrors inside - I feel like I am getting some type of OCD. :confused: Lol. Anyways, I work at a retail place and always have to deal with people face-to-face and I also find myself checking out their eyes to see where they go - because I always assume that they go directly to my scars. I have even grown out a scruff look to try and hide them a little better - but I have always been told I look better clean shaved. I know it is a complete sub-subconscious deal, but anything to get rid of them will improve everything all-together.

That is soo crazy, I do the exact same things!! I watch to see where there eyes go! I wish I could grow a beard! jk But yeah , Im on the same page as you. I REALLY don't wanna have to do a cross, but I'll kinda do whatever it takes.. I know that I could be a pretty girl if I didn't have these. :/ I do think we make them worse than they probably are though.

i think fraxel restore would do the trick since one of my friends had it done and it helped with his minor scars..hey liveinlove wat type of laser resurfacing did u have done and how many times?? thnx

Hi steve,

I just had done what is called Laser Skin Rejuvenation..It is to stimulate collagen growth in the lower layers of aging or damaged skin.. I had 5 of these done, and 5 microdermabrasions. It didn't work on my ice pick scars or large pores really.. However, I don't regret getting it because it took away my uneven skin color, and those dark spots you get from acne.. It ended up costing more than I wanted, and I wouldn't have minded if it looked like I got something even done..

Hahaha, yeah, it is so bothersome sometimes, but I am slowly getting over it and starting to not care and accept who I am.. so.. Most of the time I would much rather be inside than outside just because I am too scared, I guess, to look at any mirror when I am outside - whether it be a car mirror or any sort.. I believe I am a handsome guy, anyways, never really had any complaints and people will randomly say I look good, but it is just subconscious factor within myself that is impeding any sort of gain over it..

Hahaha, yeah, it is so bothersome sometimes, but I am slowly getting over it and starting to not care and accept who I am.. so.. Most of the time I would much rather be inside than outside just because I am too scared, I guess, to look at any mirror when I am outside - whether it be a car mirror or any sort.. I believe I am a handsome guy, anyways, never really had any complaints and people will randomly say I look good, but it is just subconscious factor within myself that is impeding any sort of gain over it..

lol yeah I know what you mean..I never believe when people give me compliments, cause I think they are just being nice. Old people will say Im pretty, but I just assume their eyesight is bad! haha But anyways, it just stinks that this stuff is soo expensive..

Yeah, it is expensive, but it should be worth it in the end. I would spend a million if I didn't have to wake up and throughout the day have the "What does my face look like right now?" thought in the back of my head all day.

Yeah, it is expensive, but it should be worth it in the end. I would spend a million if I didn't have to wake up and throughout the day have the "What does my face look like right now?" thought in the back of my head all day.

yeah your completely right on that.. I just don't have much money.. lol I'm still paying on my laser treatment that was $2500..and I really wouldnt care if it actually worked!!

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/774/acneq.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3525/acne2y.jpg

About the best I can do, picture-wise. For some reason I think these pictures look worse than it does when I look in the mirror.. so.. : /

Well, that didn't work out as I planned, but just copy and paste them into your url bar..

Edited by Dansoccer

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/774/acneq.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3525/acne2y.jpg

About the best I can do, picture-wise. For some reason I think these pictures look worse than it does when I look in the mirror.. so.. : /

Well, that didn't work out as I planned, but just copy and paste them into your url bar..

Wow, I dont see one thing!! lol I wouldn't even worry about them, you cant even notice them, and you are good looking. lol

Eh, if I had a better camera you could... You really can't tell from a distance I guess, anyways, but, like I said and you, it just the thought that kills you.. One can bring you down no matter how many great ones you have had throughout the day..

Is there anything natural, whether it be a commercial product or not, to reduce the redness of the scars? I would rather not touch them - for fear of them getting worse - but if I could somehow reduce the overall redness of the scars I would be completely content. After examining the boards I have noticed, or better yet realized, that many would kill to have the skin I have - whether or not it really does bother me or not. Any suggestions/products that could reduce the red tint would be appreciated. I have noticed that the redness of the scars have reduced over time (the last two years since I have had them thanks to Accutane it seems like) but would like to speed up the process by any means necessary.. Thanks.