Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxter12

Will Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream help my acne?

I'm 14 and I've suffered from moderate-severe acne for years. Anyway my question is will this

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Lot...5822041-product

help my acne?

I've been wanting to try Max clarity but I can get this faster and have read many people praise what it can do to acne. Also will me being African American affect anything? Like with hyper pigmentation or anything.

Jaxter what is your actual regimen? I use Walgreens AHA cream ocasionally, but this can cause an initial purging stage. I truly do not recommend you to use this every day.

Jaxter what is your actual regimen? I use Walgreens AHA cream ocasionally, but this can cause an initial purging stage. I truly do not recommend you to use this every day.

I haven't actually been using anything for several months i think. I wash my face twice a day and occasionally rub ice on it. That's about it.

I would recommend you to look for a good facial cleanser and spot treatment. Maybe you could use Dan's products or the over the counter equivalents (Clean & Clear Cleanser and Neutrogena On the Spot Treatment). Then use every other day the Walgreens AHA cream.

god everything in some amount is pore clogging. im gonna try it! people have had alotta luck on dans regime with his AHA. im using it on my back.

You're right, lots of things are pore-clogging. Some things are highly pore clogging, some things are slightly pore clogging, and other things are only bad for some people in higher concentrations.

However, that palmitate is really high on the ingredient list, and rates a 4/5 on the comedogency scale.So it has a higher likelihood of badly effecting people.

And why are you wanting to try a risky product when you have Dan's AHA and like it?

And why are you wanting to try a risky product when you have Dan's AHA and like it?

nah. i was just saying cause his stuff is aha. but anyways

i haven't gotten that stuff yet. im broke and need to wait till my check then ill get it. I hope it works im sick of this shit!!

have you used his line?

I just started using this. It's doing MIRACLES for my acne marks - seriously. But I'm wondering - does anyone put this or another AHA product directly on pimples? I'm not sure if it's making them redder or not...