Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Missy Leann

Birth Control & Acne

So i just stared YAZ birth control for my acne.. So far it sucks /: the first week i got sick like every night then the beginning of the second week i stared braking out more then i usally would like around by chin on my for head and on my cheeks i hate it, i used to take a birth control called Aviane i was on it for about a year and it cleared up my acne pretty good but i would always get a brake out here and there.. so i my doctor piscribed me to YAZ and i dont know if i still want to keep taking it. I just want a birth control that will help me get no pimples /: anyone know of some good ones that might of helped them? let me know please (:

u gotta give acne products including bc more time to work. u should give products around 2-3 months to see improvement. and with bc u need to give it even more time than that. id say anywhere from 3 to 6 months. often times these products will make ur skin worse before it gets better. so its very possible that that is happening to u. just be patient!!

Moved to the Hormonal treatments forum. Please read the forum descriptions and headings before posting.

How did you like Aviane? I was on Ocella (Yasmin generic) for the past 2 months but it made my heart race..so my doctor switched me to Alesse...and CVS gave me Aviane. I will start taking it next Sunday...but I have been reading horrible reviews about it regarding acne. I haven't noticed too much of a difference in my skin in the past 2 months. My jawline seemed to clear up...but it wasn't too bad before anyway. I start the placebo pills of my last month on Ocella tomorrow...and my skin is kind of breaking out now. I know all pills affect everyone differently..but I'm glad to see that at least someone had a positive experience with Aviane. Did you have any side effects with it?

Strwberry2178- Hmm no i didn't when i started it i had really bad acne on my cheeks and the bums all went away i was so happy and i would notice before i took it during the day that i would be in a super bad mood before i took it then when i would take it i would be in the greatest mood ever(: it didn't cure my acne but it made it a lot more manageable if YAZ doesn't do anything for my acne i'm going to switch back to it (: i hope it works for you and good luck hun!

Hmm okay thanks! Do you happen to remember how long it took to see results? I know you're supposed to wait at least 3 months..but with Ocella I THINK I'm starting to see slight results after 2 months..but the first month I broke out with 4 nodules during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of it. It was bearable...but annoying!!

I'm starting Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo as soon as my next period starts...this is probably the first time I've ever wished for it to come haha. The thing is that I'm really worried I'll break out at first because I've heard that about a lot of birth control pills. It's the body adjusting to the hormones and may or may not happen. I just would rather start sooner than later since I don't want to be all broken out when I start college in September :confused:

If I were you I'd definitely give Yaz more time to work. I'm sure it sucks to wait it out but chances are if you stop and start new ones it will just throw your hormones even more out of line and you'll end up waiting for them to balance again anyways. When I just got my prescription from my doctor I mentioned I might want to try Yaz but she said since it's a newer type of hormone it can be riskier (not risky, just riskier) than the older kinds so I went with Ortho and she thought Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo would be good for me. I'll let you know how my experience goes and by then you'll have had plenty of time to see how Yaz goes for you and if you still want to switch then maybe OTCLo will be worth a shot. Good luck with Yaz though, I hope everything balances out and it gives you amazing skin :surprised:

Peace ;)