Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I once read that silk pillow cases were better than cotton since they are softer on the skin and also help with hair breakage. Has anyone tried silk pillow cases over cotton ones and noticed a difference? Please let me know your thoughts

Also what type of actual pillow is best to use? Cotton, Polyester, Poly Cluster Fill Pillow, Natural Fill Pillow, etc

Thank you :)

I want to know the answer to this too! I've heard silk pillow cases are better but I have no idea.. but I do think pillow cases are a huge factor to irritation.

I read in someone's post that it's good to change your pillowcase every morning. He didn't say what kind is best but changing it after every time you sleep should help a little with breakouts.

Yeah I've read tons about the changing of the pillow case but not about which is best :(

Which I'm sure plays a part in that too cause I think rubbing your face against something soft and smooth is better than something rough >_< and I tend to move a lot lol

I've tried sleeping on my back wif no luck cause even when I do manage to fall asleep after hrs of trying I end up on my side when I wake up >_<

You could put your towel over your pillow, just wash it every couple weeks. It doesn't cause as much irritation with me.

I really do like using silk pillow cases. They are gentle on your skin and great for your hair. I highly recommend using them instead of cotton or other kinds.

Oh, and I forgot to say...I use cotton pillow cases only. I would never use silk because your facial and hair oils sit right on top of silk. Cotton absorbs it. It's an icky-factor for me....