Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deartodream

What type of acne is this?

Hello all,

Please see my pics below which shows my spots. Could you tell me what type of acne it is, how severe it is, and what would be the bet things to try on it? I'm 22 btw.

I have a tried BP in the past and not really noticed much difference. What products would best treat this type of acnce?

Ideally I'd like something that works from the inside, to tackle the root of the problem. But I am not against trying some kind of daily skin regime if that will help.

Looking forward to your responses

Thanks

post-134111-1279996364_thumb.jpg

post-134111-1279996187_thumb.jpg

Edited by deartodream

Hello all,

Please see my pics below which shows my spots. Could you tell me what type of acne it is, how severe it is, and what would be the bet things to try on it? I'm 22 btw.

I have a tried BP in the past and not really noticed much difference. What products would best treat this type of acnce?

Ideally I'd like something that works from the inside, to tackle the root of the problem. But I am not against trying some kind of daily skin regime if that will help.

Looking forward to your responses

Thanks

This has some inflamation but the type doesn't look too severe in the grand scheme of things. Is it only where you shave that you get acne, just the face or whole body? Pictures don't ever show full details so best you decide on the "type"

see http://www.acne.org/whatisacne.html to decide

there are tonnes of products to try, Have you been to your GP about it?

Hey

Thanks for the response.

It's not just where I shave, I get on my chest and back, and if you look carefully you'll also see some spots on the side of my forehead.

I haven't been to see my GP, I was hoping there was something i could try first and then if no luck can visit him.

looking at the link I would say I have mainly papule with possibly a couple of nodules

anyone have any ideas?

maybe if I just pick up a mild acne soap and start cleaning twice a day this might help me out?

thnks

Guest Timehealsall

wait a minute, how can you tell that those are inflamed? Most of those look like PIH to me? I currently have redmarks that are pretty dark. Does that mean that the pih is inflamed?

My only question is do those red spots ever become a full pimple with a white head?

Cuz to me, those spots on the jawline look more like raised red bumps from shaving irritation than acne. Have you tried using a shaving toner for after you shave (like aloe lotion)?

Actually no, I rarely see any white heads.

So that would suggest it's just a shaving irritation? So something like aloe vera might do the trick for those spots? If so, will give it a go, thanks.

At the same time tho, there are spots on the side of my forehead and near the top of the cheek area, which I think might be something different. They tend to be bigger and more swollen than the spots on the jawline. Any thoughts on how to tackle those?

Thank

Actually no, I rarely see any white heads.

So that would suggest it's just a shaving irritation? So something like aloe vera might do the trick for those spots? If so, will give it a go, thanks.

At the same time tho, there are spots on the side of my forehead and near the top of the cheek area, which I think might be something different. They tend to be bigger and more swollen than the spots on the jawline. Any thoughts on how to tackle those?

Thank

because you have them on your back and chest as well I think you can say you have more than shaving rash although many guys with acne do find shaving to be an issue. If you don't want to use BP then you could try using something like AHA or Salicylic acid to encourage your skin cells to shed and and aloe/jojoba oil to mousturise.

How long have you had this acne? are you uk or us?

I'm uk. thanks, will try your suggestion.

had acne for probably 4/5 years.

give everything your try 6 weeks to start working and if its that long a trip to the doctor for advice may be a good idea anyway