Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kamran

omg why use aha then?

i went on paulas choise website to order a few products so that i can test them out and see if i like them.

anyways while browsing i came across this “if you stop using AHAs, in a short period of time the skin will return to the way it was before.â€

what is the point of using aha then!!????

I guess the point of using it is to improve your skin condition. If you don't use it, it can't work. It is a bit like brushing your teeth. If you don't do it, they return to the way they were before.

Edited by Ellie713

Ellie713 is exactly right.

Right now, there's no cure for acne; only treatments. The thing about treatments is that you have to keep using them in order for them to keep working.

If you look around, you'll find the same is true for any acne treatment out there. If you don't use it, it's not going to help.

So if you use AHA to to improve skin and reduce red marks, will the red marks return!?!?

or are you just talking general skin apperance?

im on about red marks wel im dreading its that i mean it probably isnt but i got that idea

oh thanks for clarifying!!

i was starting to freak out i think im going to start using it as a spot treatment and see how it goes then.

Its saying if you stop using it in a "short period" of time, the marks will come back.

But if you stick at it for a long period, the marks won't come back.

Ok. phew. I figured if they fade, then they wouldnt just "come back" but I had to ask. I bought a lovely bottle of this stuff online, but I heard there is an initial breakout and I have a wedding to go to next week, so basically I'm too chicken to start it.

Ugh. Hate worrying about a breakout that hasn't even happened!!!

lol me too. thts why im going to use it when i havent got anywhere to go and so i can deal with the breakout, if i get one that is