Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeremy11

Would really appreciate some advice.

Hey guys

I have pretty bad acne which recently has got way worse. I am only 18 and I have no confidence anymore and can't even see people cause I feel completely ulgy with these massive zits on my face and plenty of red marks.

Anyway I've been doing the regimen with the recommended products (dans) for a month now, and while I did see some clearing after two weeks or so, my skin has recently got even worse than before I started the regimen. I have had one big zit on my forehead which has been there for almost two months which seemed to be getting better, then randomly returns to its former state - I'm thinking about trying to pop it now.

Basically my questions is if this regimen has worked for people with quite bad acne to start with? From what I've read it helps people with moderate to light acne. Also should I start trying AHA now, or is that better when the acne has started to clear?

Anyway I would really appreciate some advice, should I just keep persisting, cause its really getting me down and I have tried so many products over the last year with no avail. the thing that sucks is everyone in my family has perfect skin and none of them even look after it. I spend all the money and do all the work and my skin sucks :(

Edited by Jeremy11

eh, 1 month is 1 month. anything can really happen then. you can still possibly be getting some breakouts, and there is a chance of little improvement. when i had been through my first month of the regimen i hadn't improved a bit. it was later on when things really started to click.

as for AHA, i'd wait until 2-3 months in. good luck.

Hey guys

I have pretty bad acne which recently has got way worse. I am only 18 and I have no confidence anymore and can't even see people cause I feel completely ulgy with these massive zits on my face and plenty of red marks.

Anyway I've been doing the regimen with the recommended products (dans) for a month now, and while I did see some clearing after two weeks or so, my skin has recently got even worse than before I started the regimen. I have had one big zit on my forehead which has been there for almost two months which seemed to be getting better, then randomly returns to its former state - I'm thinking about trying to pop it now.

Basically my questions is if this regimen has worked for people with quite bad acne to start with? From what I've read it helps people with moderate to light acne. Also should I start trying AHA now, or is that better when the acne has started to clear?

Anyway I would really appreciate some advice, should I just keep persisting, cause its really getting me down and I have tried so many products over the last year with no avail. the thing that sucks is everyone in my family has perfect skin and none of them even look after it. I spend all the money and do all the work and my skin sucks :(

I didn't get clear of acne until about my 4th month, so you're pretty much on track. I had moderate-severe acne when starting the regimen, and I was in the exact same boat as you; I didn't even want to leave my room at one point when I had acne. Just give the regimen some more time and you should be clear. I truly believe the regimen works on just about any person; just that most people don't give it enough time and/or aren't using the right products (though you sound like you're using the right products, so don't worry)

AHA is not a required product on the regimen, and even if you decide to use it I'd wait a bit more before incorporating it into your skin care regime. Your skin sounds like it's still getting adjusted to the BP.