Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
f**k_acne

correcting green concealer

I went out and bought Neutrogena's oil-free concealer in the correcting green color. I plan to use it mostly for redmarks that I have had for several months now. I tried using it, but the green was still visible on my face. Does it just absorb into the skin after a while, or am I going to need something else to put over it. If I need something else, can someone please recommend an over the counter product that I can use to put over it? Should I put another concealer on top? The store I go to sells a different shade of the neutrogena product I have and there is another made by clean&clear.

hello! i bought a green correcting concealer for red marks from Physician's Forumla? or something like that... but it came with a 2 in one in this shape of a lipstick. One side was the green , and the other was the peachy colored one. So i found that it covers my red marks better if i first dot on the green concealer and THEn put on the peach, and then cover it up with foundation.( i just use Covergirl's Clean make up... it's alright) you can't even tell i ever had those dreadful red marks! haahah but no, i don't think the green concealer was meant to just start to blend in, i think you gotta cover it smile.gif i take a step back after im done with covering up with the green and lol do i look funky or wat!? ahahah and i think they use the green concealer becuase on the color wheel, green is the opposite of red, so they're meant to like cancel eachother out? sorry this is along post! but hope that helped you!

thanks for your help...............i am a guy and i dont really want to use foundation (nor do i even know what it is) so if i let the concealing green dry up and then put another concealer over it that matches my skin tone will that work? also, is there any other products that i can use specifically for small redmarks that won't make it look like im wearing makeup? :think:

hey

I recently bought this green complexion corrector but I'm not sure if its safe to wear. You know, so it won't cause me to break out and all. It has mineral oil, Lanolin oil, isopropyl palmitate, microcerystaline wax and some other stuff. Does all that make you break out?

Green concealer is the old way to cover red/brown marks. The more natural way actually uses a yellow base which works really well.

Mary Kay makes a fabulous Signature concealer in yellow which works very well with my skin......I tap it in with my finger right on top of the mark and the heat from my skin makes it "melt" in.

I do have Asian skin though with yellow undertones, which may be why this one works so well for me. But, if you look at the concealers offered by the high end cosmetic companies, you will see that most of them do use a yellow base for red marks rather than the green.

mineral oil in cosmetics that go directly on your skin is a BAD idea if it's one of the first 4 ingredients listed on the ingredients list.

hey

I recently bought this green complexion corrector but I'm not sure if its safe to wear. You know, so it won't cause me to break out and all. It has mineral oil, Lanolin oil, isopropyl palmitate, microcerystaline wax and some other stuff. Does all that make you break out?

has anyone ever tried to use the neutrogena or clean and clear concealing stick? i am just looking for something to cover up fading redmarks, but i don't want it to look like im wearing makeup.

i am just looking for something to cover up fading redmarks, but i don't want it to look like im wearing makeup.