Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IMakeThemKitKatFries!

Fraxel Repair healing process

Hi everyone, I did fraxel repair about 2 1/2 months ago. Ive been preety patient about the results and how long they take to show but something is worrying me. Ive been told the redness can take up to 8 weeks to go away but its been more than 8 weeks already. My redness isnt really bad but you can notice the line going around my cheeks because thats where i had it

Its more like a medium pinkish color and its not really dark in color more light than anything. The doctor told me i should be careful and tell her if my skin turns a kind of darkish brown color because that could mean hypopigmentation but its not. Its simply like light/medium pink but noticeable as soon as you view my face perhaps you might have to stare a little but theres no doubt youll notice if you talk to me. Should i be worried or is it just taking a long time to heal and eventually ill regain my natural skin tone? Please anyone with experience tell me if i should be worried or if its just taking time and need to be patient?

As far as the sun? I have gone out to the sunlight since the 2nd month but ive always wore sunscreen that my dermatologist gave me and have been preety careful of being exposed directly to the sun longer than about 1 hour.

So what do you guys think? Should i take more precaution or is this normal for some people.

By the way im latin so maybe that has something to do with it. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

Hi everyone, I did fraxel repair about 2 1/2 months ago. Ive been preety patient about the results and how long they take to show but something is worrying me. Ive been told the redness can take up to 8 weeks to go away but its been more than 8 weeks already. My redness isnt really bad but you can notice the line going around my cheeks because thats where i had it

Its more like a medium pinkish color and its not really dark in color more light than anything. The doctor told me i should be careful and tell her if my skin turns a kind of darkish brown color because that could mean hypopigmentation but its not. Its simply like light/medium pink but noticeable as soon as you view my face perhaps you might have to stare a little but theres no doubt youll notice if you talk to me. Should i be worried or is it just taking a long time to heal and eventually ill regain my natural skin tone? Please anyone with experience tell me if i should be worried or if its just taking time and need to be patient?

As far as the sun? I have gone out to the sunlight since the 2nd month but ive always wore sunscreen that my dermatologist gave me and have been preety careful of being exposed directly to the sun longer than about 1 hour.

So what do you guys think? Should i take more precaution or is this normal for some people.

By the way im latin so maybe that has something to do with it. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

Dude,

it's now been eight months since my pixel and I still have some pinkness on my cheeks and on a side of my face. i wouldn't be worried much about this, lot's of people report the same, Shin from another thread was saying that he was red-brownish for the whole year after he has done fraxel. anyhoo, i guess you could PM Dudley, he seems to have a lot of experience with repair

dudley may have a diff experience. he doesnt have ethnic skin. depending on the type of skin, results/post laser reaction may differ.

hmm i wonder who else with skin type 3-5 has done repair.

dudley may have a diff experience. he doesnt have ethnic skin. depending on the type of skin, results/post laser reaction may differ.

hmm i wonder who else with skin type 3-5 has done repair.

You're probably right Chee, I never thought of this... i myself have a very pale skin, but I do have tendence to tan, I mean when I'm tanned I actually look latin lol, so I wonder if you could call my skin ethnic?

that depends if you're type 2 skin or 3. if type 2 skin, its normal to get red or tan, but it should take you A LOT faster you lighten up and get back to your normal skin color (comparing to us). I wish i had pale skin, lol. there are more procedures favoring pale (type 1 and 2) skin.

Edited by chee6119

Actually I think redness is more common on fair people than darker skintypes.

Like I told you on your thread some time ago Help Wanted, be prepared for longlasting redness. I still have redness on my cheeks (just my cheeks and I did fullface) 5 months after the treatment. It's light just like you said, so it's not pigmentation. And I dont think people really notice it because it's not very obvious.

At first I thought I might have Rosacea from the laser treatments, as it gets alot worse when I flush (do u have the same?) but after reading many people have the same problem I'm thinking it will fade in a year or so.

Actually I think redness is more common on fair people than darker skintypes.

Like I told you on your thread some time ago Help Wanted, be prepared for longlasting redness. I still have redness on my cheeks (just my cheeks and I did fullface) 5 months after the treatment. It's light just like you said, so it's not pigmentation. And I dont think people really notice it because it's not very obvious.

At first I thought I might have Rosacea from the laser treatments, as it gets alot worse when I flush (do u have the same?) but after reading many people have the same problem I'm thinking it will fade in a year or so.

Ziko,

what type of scarring you've got???

Ziko,

Rolling scars on my cheeks, quite shallow.

Ziko,

And you're doing repair for that???

Ziko,

I done Deep FX twice, no results.

Ziko,

I done Deep FX twice, no results.

same with me - one deep Pixel, 0 improvement and still red lol, if you've got the rolling scars, why not try the subcision?

same with me - one deep Pixel, 0 improvement and still red lol, if you've got the rolling scars, why not try the subcision?

Hmm, it's hard to find a doc who still perform subcision nowadays. And I find it kinda scary looking.

Edited by Ziko

definitely barbariac looking, but hey... its proven to be one of the most effective treatment for rollign scars (even though results depends on your own skin, and how well you build collagen-genetics)

definitely barbariac looking, but hey... its proven to be one of the most effective treatment for rollign scars (even though results depends on your own skin, and how well you build collagen-genetics)

I think if he's rolling scars are shallow, he could look into derma-rolling, hey, you've had some success on your rolling scars with it, right? 15% in just one roll! the guy went through the crappy laser for 2 times with no sucess, and now he's suffering from redness... Hey Zik, why not try rolling instead of subcision if you can't find a reputable doctor in your area who could do it, at least you could roll on your own, at the comfort of your place.

I'll be rolling in september, currently I'm getting my skin ready for it.

Honestly right now I dont really wanna do anything to hurt my skin even more. I wanna let it heal in piece and hope the color can get back to how it was. I'm thinking about restylane right now.