Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lou93

Been on yasmin for 3 months...

I have just finished my 3rd packet of yasmin, instead of the clear skin i had hoped for, i have been left with what i think may be cystic acne around my mouth chin area, this has happened in the past few days...i have never had anything like this before, there are literally around 7 gigantic pimples in one area on my face...they are also extremely sore.

I know that acne around the mouth/chin/jaw area is hormonal...but surely taking yasmin should have prevented this? :S

I'm also applying duac to the area but it doesnt seem to have an affect.

I dont feel yasmin has made a great difference on other areas of my face, maybe just my forehead.

Should i ask my doctor about something else or just stop being so impatient and shut up?

please help...i'm terrified these will scar and i already have so much scarring around my mouth area :(

thank you in advance

Since this happened recently and is the only time it's happened since you have been on Yasmin, I would try to wait it out some more. Give it at least another month to see if it continues.

thanks for the reply, i think i'll do that...i have a doc appointment on monday so maybe she'll be able to do something