Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobert09

How bad will the BP dry out my skin?

I've used other BP treatments, and they only dried out my skin if I put it on more than twice a day. I don't really have money to get the full regimen kit right now, so I thought I'd just get the 2.5% BP. Am I going to need a moisturizer that badly?

whether or not you need it badly or barely at all, it's pretty much necessary. just because your skin might not be visibly drying out or anything, you have to keep everything moisturized and your skin just won't do that if you are consistently putting on BP with no moisturizer.

that's very good for you if you don't have problems with it drying out your skin, but don't ignore a very important part of the regimen because of it.

^ What he said

Plus, if you do not use a moisturizer you're at risk for producing extra oil even if you're face is dry. Your skin will try to compensate for the lack of moisture and then DUN DUN DUUUN moar pimples. Also, ew, dry skin. D: Not fun.

ive been using BP day and night for 7 weeks and if i dont moisturise I know about it the next day! I say moisturise, twice a day with an oil free moisturiser and you're all good!