Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wishfulthinkin

demulen 1/50 or high estrogen birth control

Hi,

So I've been trying to figure out what to do...I've been on Diane 35 for 3 full cycles now and it hasn't been fun. I've experienced everything from hives to black hairs to depression and mood swings as well as a worsening of my acne (which takes forever to heal!). I think I may need to try something else soon. I was thinking of trying a higher estrogen pill (50 mcg of estrogen) such as Demulen 1/50 b/c I was clear during my pregnancy (completely) and I'm pretty sure it was b/c pregnancy increases estrogen. It's very hard to find info on this particular type of birth control and acne. I was wondering if ANYONE can help me out. Has anyone had a similar experience to mine or used Demulen or any other of the high estrogen pills to clear their acne?

Please someone, anyone? :think:

Hiya,

I went on a high oestrogen pill and it made my boobs so painful constantly. I would also avoid it like the plague as, due to a bit of research I'd done, it can make you oestrogen dominant. Check out Dr John Lee as a good source, everyone else seems to cite him so just google and you'll find his site.

I now, due to my bad experiences, don't trust GPs and I'd advise educating yourself first. At least then, when you do go see them, you're armed with the correct info and they can't bullshit you.

Knowledge really is power and I certainly feel more empowered having researched for myself ( good sources mind as there's a whole lotta drivel on the net! ) and I've finally got clear.....touching wood here!

Hope this helps x

Hiya,

I went on a high oestrogen pill and it made my boobs so painful constantly. I would also avoid it like the plague as, due to a bit of research I'd done, it can make you oestrogen dominant. Check out Dr John Lee as a good source, everyone else seems to cite him so just google and you'll find his site.

I now, due to my bad experiences, don't trust GPs and I'd advise educating yourself first. At least then, when you do go see them, you're armed with the correct info and they can't bullshit you.

Knowledge really is power and I certainly feel more empowered having researched for myself ( good sources mind as there's a whole lotta drivel on the net! ) and I've finally got clear.....touching wood here!

Hope this helps x

How did you get clear?