Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

Dan is wanting to learn all he can about makeup and how to remove it. We were wondering if you could give us your input to help out.

What we need to know is the following.........

-What type of foundation makeup you use. Please list the brand and foundation name, as well as whether it is considered long-wearing (all-day, etc). Also, please list if it is full coverage, medium coverage, light or sheer coverage. Also, please specifiy if it is liquid, cream, powder, or mineral makeup.

-We also need to know if you use any powder over your foundation, such as loose or pressed powder or bronzer. If you do, list the brand and name of it.

-If you use blush, please list the brand and name as well as whether it is a cream, liquid, or powder.

-If you use a primer or any other product besides those listed above that goes onto your facial skin, please tell us what it is. List brands as well as the name of the product and what it is for.

-Please also list if you wear mascara or eyeliner and what the brands are. Include if they are long-wearing or water-proof.

-And lastly, we want to know how you usually remove your makeup and how this works for you. Do you use the same remover for foundation as well as mascara and eyeliner, or separate removers? Please list any and all methods you use and whether this works well for you or if you would prefer another method.

If you do not wear makeup, please go ahead and post and say so. We're also interested in how many people wear makeup as opposed to those who do not.

Thanks so much! :)

ohh yay! it took me a while to figure this out! (the makeup removing process)

-i use Make Up For Ever Duo Mat. it is a pressed powder in a compact. It has medium buildable coverage. It isn't specifically considered long lasting or anything.

-I use YSL Matt Touch Primer. I apply it before the powder. its a white gel/cream that smooths on the skin clear. Then i put the powder on. It reduces shine and makes ur makeup stay on all day

-Um i remove my makeup a couple different ways. Sometimes your regular cleanser is good/strong enough to remove makeup. The new cleanser i use (DDF Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel) removes my makeup really easily and well. However when i used Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, it didn't remove all my makeup. So another great option if ur regular cleanser can't do the job is a cleansing oil. DHC makes GREAT cleansing oils. They have never broken me out either. I used to use DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil. It was formulated for sensitive skin. Basically what you do is u pump the oil onto ur DRY hands and rub it into ur DRY face and watch all the makeup come off. Then you rinse it off. Then u wash with ur regular cleanser. And ur all set! I haven't used it in a while cuz my new cleanser just takes the makeup right off, but a cleansing oil is really nice.

-also for eyes: i wear Lancome Le Stylo Water Proof Eyeliner and Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe and i remove it with petroleum jelly on a cotton pad/Qtip

Edited by X3Kell3X

Nice topic - make-up removal is hard to figure esp. when trying to minimise irritation!

I use L'oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Powder Foundation which is medium coverage with SPF 15 and is all-day long-wearing.

I then use a dab of Clinique Superbalanced Liquid Foundation (Medium Coverage) on any blemishes I have as a concealer.

I use MAC Bronzing Powder or MAC Powder Blush on top with MAC Mineralize Natural Finish Powder on top.

I wear No.7 Intense Voume water-proof mascara and a MAC kohl eyeliner on my upper lids by day and a Lancome vibrating long-wearing mascara with MAC fluid eyeliner by night.

I remove my eye make-up with the L'oreal eye make-up remover on a cotton pad and for my face make-up I usually use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser in the water-less way with cotton pads then use some with water to make sure I got rid of everything. Sometimes I use a lather face-wash like Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Facial Wash if I have alot of make-up on or if I'm in the shower just because I like the lather in the shower.

I would love not to have to wear make-up but it's a confidence thing for me as I'm sure it is for other women and some men. Serious props to those with active acne that don't. I'm not brave enough yet unless I'm only gonna be in the car!

I usually do not wear makeup.

If I do:

No primer.

Physician's Formula liquid mineral foundation.

Physician's Formula shimmer strips for eyes and cheeks.

Remove with Cetaphil Sensitive Skin cleanser.

IF wear mascara, it's Benefit's Bad Gal and I use Petroleum Jelly to remove it.

I wear makeup to work 5 days a week, and if I feel like it on the weekends, depending on what I am doing. I would rather not wear any at all though, if that means anything =)

1. Primer/concealer - Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Correcting Powder in translucent.

2. Powder - Physician's Formula Bamboo Wear Silk Face Powder in beige.

3. Bronzer - Physician's Formula Organic Wear Bronzer in light skin.

4. Blush - NARS in orgasm.

5. Mascara - Almay One Coat Nourishing in black brown. It's not waterproof but it stays on really well, but comes off easy. It's like magic!

That's usually it. I don't even put on blush all the time, or powder, sometimes it's just bronzer or concealer and bronzer. Sometimes I wear eyeliner, but not really anymore. Lips never get lipstick, always gloss or balm. I don't wear eyeshadow either...maybe once a year?

To remove my makeup on both eyes and face I use Physician's Formula Organic Wear Facial Makeup Remover Lotion, or jojoba oil. They both work really well! All I do is massage either on my face, and use a cotton ball for my eyes. Then rinse/wash. Not sure how well they would do if I didn't wash my face after though.

- I use Skinfood Aloe BB cream. It's not quite a foundation or tinted moisturizer. It's a sunscreen + foundation + moisturizer + acne care in one product. It's considered medium coverage, but buildable, or it can be diluted with other moisturizer or sunscreen. It's a liquid product and is suited for all day wear.

- I currently do not use powder over my BB cream.

- No Blush

- Before I apply my cream, I put on Clindasol and Avene's Cleanance Anti-Shine Regulating Lotion.

- I rarely wear mascara or eye make-up. My mascara is not waterproof.

- I usually just use my regular cleanser at the end of the day during my normal routine. I use Avene's Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser. Though since I do not regularily wear eye makeup, I do not own an eye makeup remover. Sometimes I will have missed leftover product in the corner areas of my eyes if I have worn eye makeup that night. it's never really broken me out so I just don't worry about it.

1. Foundation: I use many different ones.

Mineral Powder Form: Meow Cosmetics in all three of their formulas--Purrfect Puss (light/med), Pampered Puss (light/med), and Flawless Feline (heavy).

Liquid: Almay TLC (med/heavy, long-wearing) and Almay Smart Shade (light/sheer).

2. Powder: I'm trying out E.L.F. HD Powder (loose). I like it so far but have not used it enough to determine if it breaks me out.

3. Blush: Benefit Thrrrob Blush (pressed powder) It has some ingredients that are potentially comedogenic but I've been using it for a year and have had no problems.

4. Primer: I have tried many but haven't found one I like.

5. Mascara: Maybelline Lash Stiletto (non waterproof) and a Japanese brand Ishizawa Labs Lovedrops Tearbaby Mascara (tube forming kind).

Eyeliner: Too many to list. Either mineral powder or gel.

Eye Shadow: Too many to list. Almost always mineral powder.

6. I remove my makeup with my regular cleanser I use on the Regimen--Nutribiotic Fresh Fruit Skin Cleanser. That also removes my non-waterproof mascara. For the Japanese tube-type mascara, I remove it with warm water. I don't understand why some people have such a hard time removing their makeup--mine comes off easily. I wash my face for the same amount of time as I do w/o makeup--very short.

Edited by Sharpy

First off, I’d like to say my skin is acne and redness prone. That means I break out easily and I have to be very careful with how and what I apply on my face because I get red as if I had a sunburnt. I’ve been on the Regimen for a month and a half now and it is the ONLY treatment it has worked for me in my 27 years and believe me, I’m a sucker for cosmetics. My skin is clear for the first time and I even get compliments from the people who know I’ve been suffering acne for ages. When your skin is a mess it is extremely difficult to find a good foundation that has a good coverage, lasts all day and doesn’t cause more problems on your skin.

I love make up and I learnt that in order to look perfect many products and makeup techniques are needed. This a problem for my type of skin because the more products I use the more likely I breakout or the more difficult it is to find out which product is breaking me out. So this is my current makeup routine.

1) I don’t apply primer because I haven’t seen big differences in terms of making my make up last longer and I try to avoid an unnecessary step on my routine.

2)These are too of my summer liquid foundations:

LAURA MERCIER TINTED MOISTURIZER SPF30 – long wearing – sheer coverage but buildable. It doesn’t break me out but I get oily at the end of the day so I might try the oil free version of this.

MAKE UP FOREVER FACE AND BODY FOUNDATION- long wearing- light coverage but buildable. this foundation is water based and waterproof. I must say I get black spots after perspiration as if I had black eyeshadow powder all over my face so I dab a tissue all over and then again they appear. I noticed this after being on the Regimen so I think there is a component on the foundation that is causing some reaction. Apart from that, I love this foundation.

3) I usually powder my T-zone where I get more oily with MAC MSF Natural and I might bronze with Benefit Hoola powder bronzer or Chanel Tan de Soleil (before called Bronze Universel) crème bronzer.

4) I always blush with MAC and NARS powder blushes or The body Shop cheek stains.

5) Apart from all those products I use MAC MSF as powder highlighter blush or The Body Shop creme highlighter. This is applied on top of my cheekbones to illuminate the face.

Before using the Regimen I had to apply lots of concealer to cover my spots and to counteract my redness. Now my skin is clear so I use a tiny bit around my nose or to cover redness. I use MAC select moisturecover creme concealer (this is great for the under eye area) and Make Up Forever full concealer (a little bit thicker and less moisturizing) on the rest of my face. On my under eye area I apply Benefit camouflage powder to set the concealer. You’ll see in make up it is important to set a creme based product with powder when you have combination/oily skin in order for it to stay put all day.

6) After lots of trial and error I prefer drugstore mascaras. My favourites are Cover Girl Lashblast and Maybelline Great Lash. I don’t use waterproof but I think they are the ones to get when you have oily skin.

7) When you wear so many different make up products and your skin is acne prone it is important to remove make up properly. Most people think the cleanser they use in their skincare routine is entitled to do the job. However, I always use a makeup remover for my eyes (anything from the drugstore) and a mineral oil based make up remover.

My skin is far too sensitive to use makeup remover wipes because in order to get rid of all the make up I need to rub my face so many times it gets very irritated and red. My favourite HG make up remover is MAC cleanse off oil. I apply it on my dry clean hands and massage it into my skin. Then I cleanse my face with water and apply another pump size on my wet hands and apply it all over. My skin feels fresh and clean after this. Then I apply Acne.org cleanser and follow the Regimen. For me it is like magic, but I know it has broken out some people so I am very lucky.

I hope this helped you guys! I love your work and my skin loves your products!

I used to wear makeup until about three weeks ago. I started to completely invest in taking care of my acne prone skin. But, here you go!

I wear MAC Face & Body Foudation.

- not considered long wearing

- light and sheer coverage (somewhat buildable)

- liquid foundation

I wear either MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder or Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Mineral Face Powder over my foundation.

I do not use primer or blush.

I wear Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner or Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Liner. They are long wearing but not waterproof. I wear Cover Girl Lashblast, the waterproof version.

I use separate makeup removers. For my eyes (eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner) I only use baby oil. For my face I use Mishha Perfect BB Deep Cleansing Oil or Shills Cleansing Oil. Afterwards I use Desert Essence's Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil to get rid of the remaining makeup, since it removes makeup very well on its own.

Hope this helps!

Edited by adalyn

1. I wear Yves Saint Laurent Teint Resist 14 hr last. Ridiculous name, great foundation! It's a medium-full coverage liquid. It is considered long wearing, 14 hours ;)

2. I use Smashbox Halo Powder over my foundation and concealer. Occasionally I use Smashbox Halo or Physician's Formula bronzing powder.

3. I use all different kinds of blush, sticking to one can get boring! A few I use a lot: Benefit's Coralista blush which is powder, Make Up For Ever aqua cream colors which can be used as blush, Bare Escentuals powder blush, and Lorac's powder blush.

4. I use 2 primers depending on my skin: Stila's Onestep makeup which can be used as a primer. It's kind of creamy. Or Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I use Amazing Cosmetics concealer which is a creamy consistency also. I sometimes use Fresh's highlighting palette- it's a solid base that goes sheer on the skin.

5. I've tried waterproof mascaras and really loved them but had an impossible time getting them off!!! So I don't wear them anymore. I use Tarte's Light, Flashes, Camera! It's not waterproof.

6. For my skin I usually use one of my regular cleansers as listed in my signature. For my eye makeup I use Neutrogena's makeup remover towelettes. No liquid remover has worked for me. And I already have under eye wrinkles, I can't afford to scrub for hours. If I could find a faster and gentler eye makeup remover (that would also remove waterproof easily) I would be THRILLED!

Hope this helps :)

• Foundation: Silk Naturals mineral makeup. Heavy Coverage formula.

• Powders: None.

• Blush: (all are mineral blushes) Silk Naturals - Lovelace, Tart; Everyday Minerals - Pink Ribbon.

• Primer: None.

• Mascara: Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara. I have the normal and water-proof formula. For rainy/humid/long days, I will use the water-proof one.

• Eyeliner: Fyrinnae - Kuroneko. It's a loose powder. I will sometimes mix it with water for a wet application.

• Removal of makeup: I just use my normal cleanser (Dr. Bronner's castile soap). It takes off everything. If I'm wearing my water-proof mascara, I will put a few drops of Jojoba or Olive oil on my fingers and gently pat/rub my lashes for about 20 seconds and then follow up with my cleanser.

Foundation: Physicians Formula Liquid foundation mostly as a concealer, and Silk Naturals Mineral Makeup in Heavy Coverage.

Powder: Silk Naturals Oil Control Blur Powder which is mostly silicone based.

Primer: Silk Naturals Ultimate Luxury Powder

Mascara: Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

For makeup removal, I use pure Castor Oil. It is practically the only oil that does not clog my pores (despite its thick texture) and it helps me with my scars/red marks. It's also somewhat antibacterial and helps with oiliness. Before I discovered AHA, I could add this to my moisturizer to help with Regimen flakiness and it never broke me out.

I massage it into my skin and remove with a Swispers cotton round.

:]

Foundation. Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination. It is a long wearing, medium/full coverage liquid foundation with SPF 6. I use it with a damp cosmetic sponge and throw away after every use or a foundation brush and clean it thoroughly after use. I love this foundation because I can build it up to cover any red marks I have.

Powder. Revlon Colourstay pressed powder. Light dusting to “set†liquid foundation.

Blush. I use either a blush or bronzer by UK supermarket brand Barbara Daly, both are powders

Primer. I don't use a primer but I am considering it to help minimise the look of my pores.

Eyes. I use Avon Supershock mascara and Avon Glimmerstick eyeliners. Both are long wearing and waterproof, both of which are ideal for hot summer weather. Quite often I also wear eyeshadow.

Make up Remover. I always take my eye make up off first and with a separate eye make up remover because the waterproof mascara is hard to remove (takes separate goes) and I want to avoid further irritation to the rest of my face. For my foundation I like to start “melting†it with jojoba oil on to dry skin, taken off with a cotton wool pad, and then use my regimen cleanser as normal at the bathroom sink. I dry my skin with another cotton wool pad as gently as possible to make sure I have every last drop of make up off my face. This method is good for me but contains a few too many steps to be perfect, if I read a better routine I may consider changing it.

Since the regimen is the first thing to help my acne in 10 years, I have really been getting interested in make up again. I've watched lots of video tutorials on youtube on how to do every thing correctly. Its amazing how much confidence make up can give you, just like a good outfit.

I usually wear make up three times a week and usually do a full face. Before the regimen, and when my lower half of my face was covered in spots I used to wear a mineral powder everyday just to make myself feel normal.

I hope this is some help to you guys.

1. The foundation i use is Jane Iredale PurePressed Mineral powder. It does seem to last all day but i don't think it's advertised as "long-wearing". It's light coverage.

2. Over that i use bronzer; Jane Iredale's So Bronze 3.

3. For blush i use Jane Iredale PurePressed Mineral blushes, and they're powders.

4. Other things: Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer.

5. Most worn mascara: Revlon Beyond Natural, not waterproof.

6. To remove my makeup, i use face wipes. I use Balea 3 in 1 cleansing cloths, to remove my eye and face makeup. I start with my face, then use a new wipe and do my eyes. It works pretty well and gets mostly everything off, but i have a shower afterwards anyways and wash my face so it wouldnt matter if it didn't remove everything completely. This method works just fine for me right now, but i would like to try something gentler maybe, because i fear that wiping my face with the cloth could cause some irritation.

-Type of foundation:

I use Almay's Smart Shade. It doesn't say "long-wearing" on it that I can see but I wear it all day with little issue. I find the coverage rather sheer, possibly because it's a very watery liquid foundation.

On top of that (yup, more) I use Maybelline Pure makeup liquid foundation. Once again, I don't see it advertising that it's "long-wearing" but I find it lasts pretty well without much maintenance all day so maybe it is... I would describe it as a medium coverage; I use it for it's opacity.

-Powder over foundation:

I use New York Color (NYC) translucent loose powder on top.

-Blush:

I don't ever use blush.

-Primer or any other product:

I am about to start the regimen (just got the starter kit in the mail, nervous but optimistic). Up till now I've been using Differin and Clindasol, as prescribed to me many years ago by a dermatologist. My makeup goes on over the Clindasol in the morning or, if I've already applied the prescription for the day, over a *tiny* amount of Clinique's Dramatically different moisturizer.

-Mascara or eyeliner:

I use Maybelline's Full n' Soft mascara in black, never waterproof. For eye liner I use both liquid and pencil, depending on the day, black, and both from New York Color (NYC). Neither are waterproof and none of them mention that they are "long wearing" as far as I can see.

I do use eyeshadow. I'm unfamiliar with cream eyeshadow so I only use pressed powder, but no particular brand.

-Remove makeup:

This is the easy part! Soap and water.

I shower before bed, not in the morning, so it's very easy for me to get my makeup off. I use Dove soap on my face, more out of habit than anything else, and let the water do the rest. On the rare occasion that I skip the before-bed-shower I suffer through the same process in the sink.

If I've used a lot of crayon eye liner sometimes I'll have gray eye gunk (rather than the natural color) in the morning but no other makeup remnants.

Edited by Quaft

Foundation: Loreal Infallible 16 hour or Maybelline Everpure powder foundation

Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in transculent

Blush: I don't ever wear blush.

Primer/other products: Smashbox primer...if I ever wear it, which isn't very often, and occasionally, Revlon ageless concealer because I like the coverage.

Eyeliner: Loreal H.I.P cream eyeliner in black, and mascara: Covergirl lastblast volume. I do wear eyeshadow quite frequently as well.

Makeup remover: I use the neutrogena towelettes for sensitive skin. I like how I can use them with my eye makeup and foundation, and it doesn't inflame my skin, or make it red. I have rosaccea too. :)

Edited by Vampireninja09

I'm jumping in the mix!

1. Don't use foundation, but a Clinique concealer called "Line Smoothing" for under eyes and blemish/redness coverage. Normally don't have to reapply, so I guess it's considered long lasting. Sometimes I'll have to use Clinique's Advance Concealer in Light if I've got an "issue". :)

2. No primer

3. Blush: Mary Kay mineral blush in Sunny Spice

4. Pressed powder by Physician's Formula, Mineral powder in Translucent, great matte coverage and spf 16 :) Bonus!

5. Lash Blast mascara by Maybelline. Regular formula.

I use Carly's Clear and Smooth Natural Soap to remove both face & eye makeup. I do an initial wash w/ my hands to get the eye makeup off and then follow that up with using my Clarisonic brush for complete makeup removal.

Follow it up w/ my salycilic (sp? :} ) pads (2% strength) Philosophy's "When Hope is Not Enough" Vitamin C & E serum, Retina A cream ( 0.025 %) and a light moisturizer. Recently began using PCA skin Re-Balance.

First I'd like to say, thanks for researching this! It would be so helpful to have a makeup-remover for acne-prone skin! As a result of acne and it's after-effects, many of us resort to using heavy makeup that is hard to thoroughly remove.

Foundation - I wear Revlon's Colorstay liquid foundation in the combination/oily skin formula. It's long-wear and full coverage. This is what makes makeup removal the most difficult!

Powder - I currently wear loose mineral powder over my foundation by Meow Cosmetics, though I've also used Everyday Minerals recently. When worn alone, these are easy to wash off. Sheer to light-medium coverage.

Blush/Bronzer - I wear loose mineral powders for these. Bronzer by Meow Cosmetics, blush by Everyday Minerals

Eye Makeup - I wear Covergirl's Lash Blast for mascara. It removes easily with soap and water. My eyeliner is a long wearing cream/gel eyeliner from L'Oreal H.i.P line, it's long-wear and requires baby oil or eye makeup remover to remove.

Method of Removal - Lately, I use baby oil to remove my makeup because it removes everything, besides the mascara (unless the mascara is water-proof) quickly and effectively in one step - it is also non-drying which is really nice. After the baby oil, I use Purpose cleanser to get rid of the oil, sometimes I repeat this step twice. Then I use a cleanser for acne.

When I don't use baby oil, I do the same thing minus the oil of course. This however still leaves traces of makeup. Baby oil definitely is definitely the best method I have found yet and it's cheap! I massage a little bit onto my skin, then I take a wet wash cloth and wipe off the makeup. After this I use my cleansers.

If I'm ever wearing just loose powder makeup, without Colorstay foundation, I only need to use Purpose once. Long-wear foundations can be the most difficult to remove

Edited by NessaVéneanár

There's a drawer in my bathroom that's a graveyard for old makeup. I buy things, hate them, then toss them into the drawer just in case I change my mind. Nothing has ever been resurrected back into my routine, so I really should throw them all away. I wanted to mention this because I've never found makeup that I'm fanatical about, and my current routine could be thrown out the window (or into the drawer) at any time. With that said, here's what I'm currently using:

• Foundation: CoverGirl Advanced Radiance, age-defying with SPF 10 and Olay skincare ingredients. The level of coverage isn't specified, but I'm guessing it's medium.

• Powders: Physicians Formula, talc-free, pressed mineral face powder.

• Blush: Physicians Formula, multi-color powder-pallette.

• Primer: None.

• Mascara: L'Oreal extra-volume, waterproof mascara with collagen.

• Eyeliner: Wet 'n' Wild eyeliner pencil.

• Removal of makeup: CVS brand oil-free eye make-up remover (compares itself to Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover), and a Neutrogena glycerine bar for the rest of my face. I just recently started using the eye make-up remover when I switched mascaras, and it's only moderately effective (leaves visible traces of mascara at the base of my lashes).

Foundation:3 different ones i use depending on which i feel like putting on

Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation :Medium coverage can build

Bare Minerals: Medium Coverage can build

Lancome Teinte Idole: Liquid foundation that is medium coverage and can build

Conclear: Maybelling Mineral Power

Blush: Lancome Powder Blush

Mascara:ALMAY intense i-colorT mascara with light interplay (Black) For me this lasts all day and i never have any flakes not waterproof

Eyeliner: ALMAY eyeliner in black (long lasting about 8 hrs)

Eyeshadow:I use light eyeshadow normally of all diff brands

I remove all of this makeup including eye makeup with a cotton ball. I just wet the cotton ball and swipe very gently and it takes one cotton ball per side of face. Forehead,left cheek, right cheek, nose, chin and eyes.

If i use a lot of eye makeup and dark colors. I do the same except i remove the eye makeup first with Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover and then remove the rest of the face with cotton ball and again over eyes with wet cotton ball.

Then Acne.org Regimen :)

I wear mineral powder makeup and mascara and oil cleanse to remove it. I use a mixture of castor oil and some other moisturizing plant oil which varies: olive, grapeseed, jojoba, camelia, doesn't matter.

Foundation: Everyday Minerals foundation. This is (obviously :P) a mineral foundation and I use a variety of coverage types but usually the heavy "Intensive" coverage. (and use many many layers of this to help cover acne/marks)

Concealer: L'oreal Bare Naturale gentle mineral concealer just on top of individual spots/marks.

Primer: None

Blush: Everyday Minerals blush

Eyeliner: I also use Everyday Minerals eyeshadow as a liner, no mascara.

Makeup Removal:

Removing my makeup has been quite difficult for me actually. I realized a couple years ago that my face wash was actually not removing my makeup well at all. So since then I have tried many different types of cleansers/cleansing pads etc to try to make sure all of my makeup comes off.

At the moment I wash with Dan's cleanser and then use PONDS Wet Cleansing Towelettes, original clean. But I am not positive that this is actually 100% taking off my makeup/not irritating my skin. Sometimes I will rub jojoba oil into my makeup before cleansing, which seems to help a bit, but a lot of makeup still comes off when I use the cleansing cloth.

I wish that I could just wash the makeup off with a cleanser, because I feel like I am irritating my skin further by rubbing it with a towelette. I just take off my eyeshadow with the cleanser and the cloths.

I use Clinique Superfit foundation. It is medium (but buildable) coverage, and is meant to be longwearing. It's liquid.

I use MAC Blot Powder over it.

I don't use blush.

Oilatum moisturizer, to moisturize my skin before makeup application.

I use Casanova eyeliner in black, and Covergirl's Lashblast in black. They are not waterproof.

I use MAC'S Cleanse Off Oil to remove all my makeup (both eyeliner and foundation), then wash with my facial cleanser (Vichy Normaderm Cleanser for acne-prone skin).