Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletethisshit

V-Beam Experience

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd just use this to update you on my V-beam experience. Well first of you should know that my red marks are post inflammatory hyper pigmentation caused by the removal of brown birthmarks by laser nearly 2 years ago... however they do all the things that everyone else's do (turn redder after shaving, washing face, shower, sometimes appear lighter etc.)

I went to the derm yesterday seeing what he could do and explained my situation to him and we both thought V-Beam was worth a shot. Little did I know I would receive treatment that day. He went over both red marks twice with this laser. The smaller one I have did bruise to that purple colour... and the other one seems to just be slightly blotchier and maybe slightly redder...

This makes me really nervous because he said if there are blood vessels then they should rupture, and there isn't much bruising on the top one, yet I know that the red mark gets much redder after shaving and stuff... this can only be blood flow that does this, no?

It's the next day and my marks look like they did last night after treatment. To be honest I'm scared/depressed that the V-Beam did nothing to my larger red mark. I'll update as the story unfolds.

Does anyone know if V-Beam without bruising still works? Or do you need to bruise to see results? Also, what makes red spots redder when you shave over them, the only thing it can be is blood vessels right? I'm so nervous.

James

No laser is instantaneous and has down time.

For the v-beam, the downtime is usually 1-2 weeks.

Give it a couple of weeks and avoid direct sunlight. Once the brusing and such goes down, you should begin to notice some improvement.

But you must give it time.

Good luck.

wait a few days and they will start fading like magic, good job you got round to getting laser

I guess it's to early to tell... but my marks are like a pinkish/purple/brown when normal... but when I wash my face they get redder... only blood vessels can do that right? Inflamed ones? Cuase that's what I can't take anymore... not knowing... thanks guys for the tips though

Yeah, I have the same problem.

Except my marks are always red (or black in the wrong lighting). T_T

I hate when I see them black, because it makes them look deeper than they are.

Black? Never heard that before...

I just hope this treatment is worth it... so far (day 1) it doesn't... but let's wait and see...

I have scars that are slightly indented but dark red inside. The dark redness can look even darker under cerain type of lighting/mirrors, which makes the scars appear even more indented than they actually are.

Man... I feel like I'm losing my mind... why did I do this to myself you know? Why did I have my beauty marks lasered off? I hated them and thought this was a sure thing... I never knew I'd be left with these red marks that won't fade ever... Atleast backthen I knew who I was, wasn't worried about how my marks would look in the morning or if they would turn red after shaving or something... now I did this V-beam and feel even more hopeless b/c the bigger red spot didn't really bruise it pretty much looks the same and knowing my luck it will stay like that but now I still have to feel like a freak cause the other one is all purple and knowing my luck also probably won't change. And this is only day 1, so much more to go... so much more worrying, and next time I go I have to ask him to try and bruise BOTH and feel like a freak again and who knows if I'll even get any results... probably won't... the universe won't let these things fade it knows I would be to free to happy that way... god damn it... I really hate this...

Guest frogskinshoelace

lol I was kinda the same way a day after my first treatment. Doctor says it takes a month for a treatment to show results, youll be fine.

Guest DireStraits

with all respect would you guys mind posting some before/after/progress pics?

they would benefit so many members present, and in the future.

I asked frogskin a few weeks ago (maybe a month) and he wimped out, now hes already gone and gotten his treatment so theres not way to know how much improvement his red marks have made.

oh...and black marks? LOL? wtf?

Edited by DireStraits

I might post some photos... depending on how it goes... it hasn't even been 2 full days and from the looks of it i'll need 2 weeks atleast to see what happens...

Guest frogskinshoelace
with all respect would you guys mind posting some before/after/progress pics?

they would benefit so many members present, and in the future.

I asked frogskin a few weeks ago (maybe a month) and he wimped out, now hes already gone and gotten his treatment so theres not way to know how much improvement his red marks have made.

oh...and black marks? LOL? wtf?

Wimped out? Really brah? Ill tell you what I told you a few weeks ago, if the doctor gives me a copy, I will post them. And if he doesnt, Ill ask him for one. I dont feel like posting pictures every month, youll see it eventually, patience bruh.

Yo frogskin

maybe you can help me. PIH and red marks are the same right? Well if PIH is melanin produced by the skin, then how does V-Beam get rid of it if it onl targets blood vessels underneath?

First treatment didn't do shit for one red mark... we'll see bout the other... having anxiety attacks.

Jamesy.

Its already been said. Its going to take a couple of weeks until you start seeing improvement. Just have a little patience.

It's over... we're finished... we're done... game over man... game over!

LOL

Sorry. I'm just frustrated and have been for the past 3 years, so I'm easily irritable and breakdown a lot more than I used to.

True it has been 5 days only, but I mean if it hasn't changed by now why would it magically start fading more.

That being said I'm still going to try another treatment or two of it but then that's it... it kind of feels like my last hope cause my mom said that's it after these... so if it doesn't change much I'm pretty much screwed.

A 50-75% improvement was what I was hoping for, it's still possible maybe after 3 treatments, but I'm kind of feeling 20% is more realistic lol

Guest frogskinshoelace

5 days? Thats nothing. Ive said it before and Ill say it again. The doctor told me it takes a month to see results start to kick in. Though I noticed small improvement after 2 weeks. Now I had my first treatment about 6 or 7 weeks ago. I had my second treatment 2 weeks ago. If what the doctor is saying is correct, I am still improving from my first treatment, and my 2nd is yet to kick in. Patience brah.

Alright I'll be honest, I think my larger red mark may be SLIGHTLY lighter then before the treatment... maybe. The other red mark is still to bruised to tell but I'm hoping it is magically gone since it was smaller (won't be though). However, what's weird is usually my marks look better in the natural daylight in my upstairs bathroom and shitty in the basement bathroom but lately it seems to be the exact opposite. Might just be my imagination though.

Well I'm glad you asked. I just had my second treatment 5 days ago. I took a month between my first and second treatment.

Towards the end of my 4 weeks after my first treatment, one red mark seemed lighter than ever. The other was about the same. I was pretty happy. Then I shaved, and they got redder, and when they calmed down, they weren't as good as before I had shaved, so I don't know what to think...

For my second treatment, my derm raised the power. I got bigger bruises and this time the top red mark actually bruised (last time it didn't). What makes me nervous is it's only bruised in one area towards the edge of it... the rest of the mark is just redder... like redder than before the treatment. It's pretty ugly, but it's only been 5 days so I'm trying to remain positive and hope it get's better.

I wish my marks would disappear but I doubt it will happen. I'm hoping for any sort of permanent improvement really. It will be awhile more before I'm sure of any changes. Actually, right now I'm just praying the redness fades back to at least what it was before treatment.

P.S Frogskinshoelace seems to have peaced since treatments are working for him. He's lucky. I don't blame him for not lurking around here anymore, I just hope to be as lucky as that.