Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone done the hydrocortizone thing? I can't see a topic on the board directly related to it, so I thought I'd start one. What is hydrocortizone, and how well does it work. What do you need to do with it? It's topical, right? Just spot treatment? Got just a few questions here, LoL :D

It doesn't treat acne. It just eases the redness and makes the swelling of pimples go down. It's used for bug bites and such. It will help if you have a huge cyst, it can make it smaller. But I wouldn't use it to "treat" acne.

Mercer

I think it decreases the severity. This is my opinion. I've definately used it before on zits. Wont do any harm. Try it out and see what you think.

Mercer

I know there's a brand called cortaid -that's what I've always used. I cant tell you exactly cause it's been a while since I've bought it, but I would guess it costs anywhere from 3-6 dollars. It's a pretty big tube.

-Mercer

I recently used this hydrocortisone acetate cream 0.5% and it didn't do anything to my pimple. I used this one called hyderm.

I recently used this hydrocortisone acetate cream 0.5% and it didn't do anything to my pimple. I used this one called hyderm.

What kind of pimple was it? Was it a cyst? Do your pimples usually stay long?

well... i've been on the regimen for about 2-3 weeks now.. and i only get large pimples.. either papule or csyt-like. I don't get too many of them, but i always have at least one of them on my face.. like when one goes away, another is right there to take its place. I hate it!

it helps to get the equate brand of 1% hydrocortizone it can be obtain at walmart. 0.5% is not strong enough to do anything. Plus you got to put a huge glob on the area so it can pentrate deep into the skin and apply more when it soaks in. Hydrocortizone really does work on cyst and pimples. For me it brings them up to a head within the day or overnight. This is what my derm had to say "if hydrocortizone dosen't have any improving effect on the cyst or pimple then you might as well forget going to the derm to get the injected kind." those remarks came straight from my dermatologist mouth. Hydrocotizone reduces swelling and inflammation. which is the two big foundations for cyst and pimples to grow on. knock those two out. And eventually the cyst and pimple resides and comes to a head.

Hi!!

I was perscribed "cortate" (1% concentration) for my eczema... I was wondering if anyone knows if this is the same thing as the hydrocortizone cream??

Thank you!