Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jin666

Mild acne - been taking steps - am I missing something?

Hi guys,

I have struggled with persistent acne since 13, and am now 18. I tried various topical treatments when younger and eventually resorted to Roaccutane last summer, which did an excellent job of treating the acne on my chest and back, as well as my face. Recently however, my face has been giving me bother.

I have been able to get my acne under sufficient control by:

* eating a diet with minimal junk food

* limiting my intake of fructose

* drinking at least 2 litres of water daily

* taking 900mg of Pantethine (Vitamin B5) and 45mg of chelated zinc daily

* not using any products (except moisturiser around my nose when it gets red and dry) on my face as I always found they were too harsh and encouraged more sebum production.

Can anyone add to this list anything which I may be missing? I still get the odd pimple and am sick of worrying everytime I see a small red spot and concluding that I'm going to erupt. I would love perfect skin.

Many thanks.

Edited by Jin666

Hi guys,

I have struggled with persistent acne since 13, and am now 18. I tried various topical treatments when younger and eventually resorted to Roaccutane last summer, which did an excellent job of treating the acne on my chest and back, as well as my face. Recently however, my face has been giving me bother.

I have been able to get my acne under sufficient control by:

* eating a diet with minimal junk food

* limiting my intake of fructose

* drinking at least 2 litres of water daily

* taking 900mg of Pantethine (Vitamin B5) and 45mg of chelated zinc daily

* not using any products (except moisturiser around my nose when it gets red and dry) on my face as I always found they were too harsh and encouraged more sebum production.

Can anyone add to this list anything which I may be missing? I still get the odd pimple and am sick of worrying everytime I see a small red spot and concluding that I'm going to erupt. I would love perfect skin.

Many thanks.

That sounds like a very good start. Maybe you could try to find some very gentle topicals that wont irritate your skin as much. A very low concentration may be all you need to finish off the last few spots.

a gentle face wash.

a gentle topical: differin .1% cream is pretty gentle.

a gentle face wash.

a gentle topical: differin .1% cream is pretty gentle.