Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I posted this in my log, but I don't think people really read that, and I'd love to see what other people think on this topic, and if anyone else has felt the same way.

You know what drives me crazy, which is sad because it's kind of shallow, is when someone posts/tags a picture on Facebook where my face CLEARLY looks terrible/disgusting. Today an acquaintance who's a photographer posted this intense, high-def close up of my face where every little flaw was completely visible (and the photo was from a few months ago, so my face was pretty bad). I immediately untagged it, but people think you're a total poor sport if you go so far as to ask someone to remove a photo altogether. I feel like my desire to have something like this removed is more extenuable, because it's not like I'm just making a weird face or something (in fact, the photo in question would be cute if I weren't so acne ridden in it!) - I'm just very sensitive about the whole acne thing. Argh, I wish it was more reasonable to bring this up, but usually the people who post something like that are the ones who aren't close enough friends for me to feel comfortable talking about it. And even the time that I specifically asked someone not to post pictures of me on FB when my face was at its worst, by the time she posted the album she had forgotten and it was just mixed in with a bunch of other pictures.

Anyone else hate this? :( I just don't know what's going through someone's head when they post something truly horrible looking, I know I at least try to save others the embarassment.

hate that.... i get so scared when i see that im tagged in a photo. i wear makeup so if im lucky u can't see the acne. BUT my face is always really shiny in photos or i just look plain nasty.... ugh before all this when my skin was mild acne, i had so many pics of me on fb and changed my pic all the time. now.. i rarelly put pics up unless someone else took it and i never change my profile pic anymore. hate it

hate that.... i get so scared when i see that im tagged in a photo. i wear makeup so if im lucky u can't see the acne. BUT my face is always really shiny in photos or i just look plain nasty.... ugh before all this when my skin was mild acne, i had so many pics of me on fb and changed my pic all the time. now.. i rarelly put pics up unless someone else took it and i never change my profile pic anymore. hate it

Ya i get asked all the time, "When are you going to put up some new photos?" I hate that, and i just always tell them, "idk, i just never care or think about putting up pics anymore."

Lol Facebook...

Well I'm pretty sure the poster didn't do it to embarrass you. I'm sure he/she sees you as a normal person just like anyone else. And I think most people will look past the acne/blemishes and only see the beauty that's beyond. But obviously people are much more critical of themselves than anyone else is. That said, I have asked my brother to take down a pic once and untagged myself from others. Although that's mostly because I don't like the idea of having my pictures on the interwebz.

Facebook is a curse at times! I hate when friends put up bad photos of me and am forever de-tagging myself, I really dont care if its rude. If I put up photos I'll only put up the best ones of everyone, not every single photo I have just because I have them.

Probably didn't mean to embarass you, i think tagging is kinda rude though should ask permission before upping a bunch of pics.

Send a msg to the person along the lines. "uggh i hate that pic, take it down" don't think they will be hurt.

If I put up photos I'll only put up the best ones of everyone, not every single photo I have just because I have them.

Me too. I hate every single photo ever being up there, and not screened (if you will) first.

Just throwin' everything out there. Ugh.

HATE getting my picture taken in general. Makes me really uncomfortable

Probably didn't mean to embarass you, i think tagging is kinda rude though should ask permission before upping a bunch of pics.

Send a msg to the person along the lines. "uggh i hate that pic, take it down" don't think they will be hurt.

Agreed. Someone once had a picture of me up on facebook (I wasn't tagged though) that was extremely unflattering for reasons other than my acne. I wasn't doing anything bad, but I was just kind of in the background of the picture making a really ugly face since I didn't know I was in the picture. XD I just sent a PM to the girl and asked her to take it down, and she did without even replying back. If you ask nicely, I'm sure the person would be willing to remove it :]

I totally feel you on this one. I've been there.

I think the key to the situation is doing what's best for you. If you feel uncomfortable and would rather untag it, untag it. If you'd rather message the person who uploaded the pic, you can do that too.

I have a friend that is ridiculously insecure, and it feels like she revels in posting really bad pictures of me and other people, too. She's such a repeat offender that at this point in the game, I just laugh it off. Everybody has a bad picture. (If this were me before my nightmare break-out, I probably would have never even dreamed of being so nonchalant about it).

Just be confident. I bet all of you posters in this thread are cuties anyway, so I wouldn't worry about a bad pic or two. ;)

Edited by white tea

Feels like you wrote down my mind. I put my pictures on private and let only the people closest to me see them. Besides acne, I don't quite like the way I look anyway. Oily skin/red skin is horrific for pictures, and though my redness is better now, my oily skin is worse than before :(. I wear powder and that makes it a bit better, but I avoid photos in general. I go along with taking pictures cus I don't wanna stand out or be the time ruiner, but I really don't like them :(.

Edited by .Free.Spirit.

I immediately untagged it, but people think you're a total poor sport if you go so far as to ask someone to remove a photo altogether.

That's exactly what I do! The worst thing about being tagged in to a undesirable photo is that the newest goes in the very first slot in the album so that when someone clicks your profile picture it takes them straight to the next picture which in this case would be the horrid shot :S Untagging is cool tho usually, but youre right about removing, especially if theres more people in the picture :)

When i go somewhere and there is a camera involved im making sure that i will be the one to make pictures of other people..I dont want pictures of myself with my face looking like that..

i ask my bro to untag all the photos of me as im afraid to see myself and i never post pics.

my profile pic is my dog

and i have the only pic of myself on msn which isnt clear and once my friend said " thats doesnt look like you at all"...

:( sigh so pathetic

Edited by lameleah

lol yeah i hear you. even if you detag them they're still out there on the internet for everyone to see! which is not what you want.

i especially hate it when people take like 200+ pictures of a night out. WHY? who wants to see themselves drunk and trying to dance?

I wouldn't worry about it. I have a few old pictures that I was tagged in where my acne was really visible and kinda bad... the really terrible ones, I untagged myself. But honestly, no one really cares. I mean everyone gets breakouts and everyone gets tagged in unflattering pictures. At least for me I can say "oh that was over a year ago, it's different now." Yet even when those pictures were recent I didn't mind because they were with people I cared about. The person who took them would not intentionally hurt my feelings. I wouldn't stress. Untag it and let it go. But since it's just you in the picture it might be appropriate to ask for deletion.

Edited by Lightning Folly