Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wanted to start wearing Lip Balm - seems like it should be unisez, but I guess for a guy you would want something less shiny, and more for quality.

Any particular brands to recommend? I've heard good things about Burt Bees, but just making sure what is popular - good for guys.

Burts Bees is definitely good, but for a guy, I assume you would want to avoid a lip balm with heavy scent/flavour/any colour added in. Also, if you're currently undergoing any treatment and need sun potection, Blistex makes lip balms with SPF.

Burt's bees, carmex and eos sticks are all good. The Body Shop also have a stick called cocoa that's good. Very chapped ones could benefit from eucerin aquaphor(the cream)

Chapstick, the brand, makes many non-gender specific lip balms, both in appearance and packaging.

Aquaphor is another product but it goes on glossy like vaseline or carmex would. Just take a stroll down the aisle and see! Your best bet is something in a stick rather than a tube you have to squeeze (those will look glossy for sure).

I use Burt's Bees, and I think it would work well for guys. It's not a miracle product though. It doesn't look that shiny, you almost can't tell you put it on. It has a scent to it though. Maybe mint? I can't pinpoint it exactly, but it also makes my lips feel a bit cool when put on, like mint. I don't think the smell matters though, cause it's not feminine at all, it might as well be coming from some gum you're chewing.

the packaging isn't exactly emasculating, but I think they also have it in little round containers ( don't know if that made sense lol, I mean not like chapstick haha, more like metal containers) if you're uncomfortable with carrying around a chapstick.

There is a Blistex in a green package that works wonders and it does not look all shiny. Also Burts Bees. If your lips are really chapped maybe before bed put some vaseline or aquafor on them. I say to do this at bed time because both are really shiny. Also lots of water helps with dry lips :)

Nothing beats good ol' carmex. They have carmex in a tube now that doesn't leave a sticky,shiny mess behind.

Also,soft lips often come from drinking ample amounts of water! My hubby never uses chapstick but he drinks so much water that it doesn't matter.

Nivea Kiss of Mouisture makes one with spf, and it is SOOOOO good! Like, try it and you'll be brought over to the dark side! It's great! Also EOS and Carmex are favorites! Petroleum Jelly is nice too!