Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jptips

Does anyone have perfect skin now?

Having suffered from acne for most of my life, i've noticed the quality of my skin deteriorates as time goes on - i have dry patches, rough texture, some scarring, large pores, etc etc. I think i have found a product that works for me, although it's too early to tell, but i just wondered if i might ever have "perfect" skin once all the acne has gone, once i can start concentrating on the damage?!

I am considering salon facial peels in the near future bt dont want to get my hopes up for nothing.

Do you think prfect skin after acne is unrealistic or has anyone achieved this?

Thanks for reading.

Unrealistic. You can improve the health of your skin and the look, but to get a perfect skin will work only when stem cells regenerate the skin (in this case the scars). But to this day there is only experimentation.

Yes. I'm amazed to say this, but actually I do. Okay, I'm no Cate Blanchett, but after years of acne I think my skin is now as close to perfect as possible. :)

I had acne from about 14-35, despite damaging amounts of BP. Almost two years ago, I finally tried products with AHA, and my skin is now clear. No guarantee it will work for everyone of course, but this stuff literally changed my life, no exaggeration. I've had the best results from the Alpha Hydrox line, specifically:

- Foaming Face Wash or Nourishing Cleanser (they work equally well)

- Enhanced Lotion 10% AHA

- Oil-Free Treatment 10% AHA (for extra effectiveness around my period)

I have fair skin and red hair, and _everything_ used to make me break out. Now I get an occasional small pimple around my period, but they always go away in 2-3 days and don't leave marks. AHA makes your skin smooth; it's usually marketed as anti-wrinkle, not anti-acne. I still have some faint scars but even they are sloooooowly fading.

If you use it WEAR SUNSCREEN! During the day I wear Aveeno Clear Complexion Lotion and Aveeno Active Naturals Face 30 and have no problems.

Good luck!

I've had acne for 11 years now, and my skin started looking pretty awful. I done almost everything under the sun to improve my skin, and honestly for me nothing really worked, and if it did it was only a temporary solution, like microdermabrasion, laser, peels, IPL, acne blue light, ( you name it! So I bought this facial masque called Exuviance rejuvenating treatment masque, it's honestly the best thing I ever tried. (Better then peels, laser etc..)

It says on the instructions to leave it on for 20 min, but I leave it on over night, and was/peel it off the next morning. Works great for pores, red marks, tightens the skin, improves skin texture.

I saw results after using it for one night.

I used it 4 times already, and my skin looks like a baby's butt.

For me this is the "miracle" product I've been looking for. :dance:

If you try it let me know how it worked out for you.

Hi Gwenochka, it's great to hear of your success with AHA's. I started using a glycolic facial wash just less than a week ago and i've already found fantastic results with that - it realy smoothes out te skin as you say, i hardly have any little umps any more, and no new spots or anything. I'm really hoping this could be the amazing product i've been looking for - so far so good though :D

Beatrice - that mask sounds great,i will google it and see if i'm able to get hold of it, thans for the tip!

Yes. I'm amazed to say this, but actually I do. Okay, I'm no Cate Blanchett, but after years of acne I think my skin is now as close to perfect as possible. :)

I had acne from about 14-35, despite damaging amounts of BP. Almost two years ago, I finally tried products with AHA, and my skin is now clear. No guarantee it will work for everyone of course, but this stuff literally changed my life, no exaggeration. I've had the best results from the Alpha Hydrox line, specifically:

- Foaming Face Wash or Nourishing Cleanser (they work equally well)

- Enhanced Lotion 10% AHA

- Oil-Free Treatment 10% AHA (for extra effectiveness around my period)

I have fair skin and red hair, and _everything_ used to make me break out. Now I get an occasional small pimple around my period, but they always go away in 2-3 days and don't leave marks. AHA makes your skin smooth; it's usually marketed as anti-wrinkle, not anti-acne. I still have some faint scars but even they are sloooooowly fading.

If you use it WEAR SUNSCREEN! During the day I wear Aveeno Clear Complexion Lotion and Aveeno Active Naturals Face 30 and have no problems.

Good luck!

Hi, I am interested in this. What kind of acne did you have before? Mine is moderate and sometimes mild. Did you have an initial breakout? How long did it take to clear your skin?

Thanks so much :clap:

Has anyone here or people that they know had their adult acne just suddenly go away? I know a guy I used to work with at Sport's Authority had his adult acne stop. He was probably 27 at the time I think. He used to order Retin-A from Europe, too.

Hi, I am interested in this. What kind of acne did you have before? Mine is moderate and sometimes mild. Did you have an initial breakout? How long did it take to clear your skin?

Thanks so much :clap:

Has anyone here or people that they know had their adult acne just suddenly go away? I know a guy I used to work with at Sport's Authority had his adult acne stop. He was probably 27 at the time I think. He used to order Retin-A from Europe, too.

My mom said her adult acne stopped abruptly when she was 26. I was 24 when she told me that, so I was hoping my magic number would come up soon. No such luck. I had mild to moderate adult acne into my 30s, until I started an AHA routine.

Guess my mom was just lucky.

I'm having good luck with 1% generic tretinoin cream. Although it took a very long time to work completely. I started out with .5% and worked up to 1% I'm sixty but people think I look 45 because I have few wrinkles and my skin is so smooth. AHA products were too harsh for my skin. Everyone's different. I'm just thankful to find something that finally stopped the cystic acne!

Be careful with this, no one technically has perfect skin even if they've never had acne. I look in the mirror and see some great skin with a few breakouts and some red marks and if I get clear for a little while, I concentrate on wishing the red marks would go away then I start looking at the tone of my skin and whether it's too red or too pale or too dry or too oily.... Keep working for good skin but don't hold yourself to the level of perfection and drive yourself crazy like I do.

Pretty much. Except for my jawline and a few guys on my chin. A few scars but that's all...I am not going to fuss over that, I am using differin and it;s evening out well. But they will be cleared soon, I am positive about it.

I'm not gonna cut myself down, not gonna do it, my skin was always worse when I was a bitch about myself. I even ditched all makeup, after so many years of Only wearing make up....it's quite liberating to say the least.