Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
padresfan

Clindamycin 1% Lotion

For the past several months I've practically been doing nothing for my acne. This is because I have sensitive skin and a lot of products irritate my skin. I'm allergic to BP too. I just washed my face twice a day with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and applied neosporin to any large inflammed pimples I got. I would consider my acne as moderate and as a combination of inflammatory and non-inflammatory. In the past few months I've been getting more inflamed pimples which I would consider hormonal acne.

I recently saw my doctor and told her about my concerns. She said that she could prescribe low dose birth control for the hormonal acne if I wanted her to. I declined at the time. But for the time being she said she could write me a prescription for Clindamycin 1% Lotion. I accepted. (I got the generic version.)

So I've been applying the Clindamycin 1% Lotion twice daily as directed. I like that it absorbs quickly and doesn't dry out my skin. And since it's the lotion version, it also moisturizes my skin.

So far I've been using it for a week. I have noticed that any inflamatory pimples I get go away quickly; I noticed one the other morning and the next morning the redness was gone and the pimple was almost flat.

As you can see in my signature my regimen consists of two things:

- Washing my face with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

&

- Applying Clindamycin 1% Lotion

I do have one question: What can I do to exfoliate my skin?

I still have my clogged pores and would like to do something about them. I sometimes use a soft washcloth when washing my face and it helps a little bit. In the past I've tried over-the-counter products with salicylic acid but found that they dried my skin out or irritated it.

I got a free sample of the Murad Clarifying Cleanser and used it (it only lasted a few days though); it seemed to agree with my skin and I'm thinking about purchasing the small bottle of it. When I save up some money, I think I'm going to buy a Clairsonic to help with exfoliation.

Any comments, suggestions, ideas welcome.