Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
})({amber

CVS changed my YAZ to some generic

CVS without even telling me changed my prescription of YAZ to a generic...that apparent is getting sued already after only a month of being out because they lied about something on the label. I didn't even know they changed it until I got home and took it out of the little bag and realized that it was different. So I went back and they actually told me at the pharmacy that I never had YAZ -_- they showed me the computer screen showing my prescription back when I was on Tri-Sprintec and they told me how that not around anymore so thats why I have the new generic which just proved to me that my pharmacist is stupid because you can't just change someones medicine to something completely different they would have just given me Ortho-Tri Cyclen instead not a generic for YAZ....

So I was wondering if anyone is was on YAZ and switched to the generic called Gianvi? YAZ was really helping me, and I finished 3 months and half way through the last month I stopped breaking out around my chin completely...and since I started two days on this generic I have 3 breakouts on my chin which could be unrelated but I'm worried that since the fillers are different its not gonna help me anymore. I'm also worried about why they lied on the package etc. But I can' t get my YAZ because when I asked what the price difference would be since I get it free they said $300....$300 for something I had gotten for free just three months earlier....BS.

Yeah they switched mine a little bit ago too and said it's "exactly" the same. I'm breaking out a lot and I haven't in forever. It's Gianvi now and frankly I think its crap. I'm getting Yaz back

Yeah they switched mine a little bit ago too and said it's "exactly" the same. I'm breaking out a lot and I haven't in forever. It's Gianvi now and frankly I think its crap. I'm getting Yaz back

Thats what they told me too -_- because I told them how come when I came to pick up my prescription no one told me that it was changed. pharmacist: i just told you right now. me: yeah after i went ALL the way HOME first and found out and drove back here. pharmacist: well its the same thing. me: but i don't know how i'll react to this, generics have different fillers then the name brands. pharmacist: no it doesn't see *points at label that says 3mg drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol* me: thats not the filler ingredient >=/ i don't care that thats the same its what else is in it that worries my I would rather have the YAZ pharmacist: no its the same thing see *points at label again obviously not understanding what I was saying*

then they argued with me about how my insurance won't cover YAZ and I had to argue with them about the fact that I actually don't have any insurance i have the stupid pact card and it paid for it last time, and i said i was willing to pay the difference between the pills since according to the computer the generic is only $25 less for 3 months so I figured I could pay the $25 its the same f*cking difference they admitted they could do it, but no if I wanted the YAZ it would be $300 for 3 months -_-

The pharmacy tried to change it for us too and I said no and just paid for the Yaz. DD is going back on insurance next month and I sure hope they work with me on the regular Yaz. This is exactly what I thought would happen if she took the generic. They generally aren't as good for acne for some reason. I don't really get it since it's the active ingredients that are really of benefit and they should be the same.

Thats what they told me too -_- because I told them how come when I came to pick up my prescription no one told me that it was changed. pharmacist: i just told you right now. me: yeah after i went ALL the way HOME first and found out and drove back here. pharmacist: well its the same thing. me: but i don't know how i'll react to this, generics have different fillers then the name brands. pharmacist: no it doesn't see *points at label that says 3mg drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol* me: thats not the filler ingredient >=/ i don't care that thats the same its what else is in it that worries my I would rather have the YAZ pharmacist: no its the same thing see *points at label again obviously not understanding what I was saying*

I know!! UGH! The fillers are the problem, not the main ingredients. They think they're the pharmacist and you're the patient and you should just be dumb and accept whatever they say. It clearly doesn't work as well and that's the bottom line. Thank Heavens my insurance is amazing. Yaz is just $15

I know!! UGH! The fillers are the problem, not the main ingredients. They think they're the pharmacist and you're the patient and you should just be dumb and accept whatever they say. It clearly doesn't work as well and that's the bottom line. Thank Heavens my insurance is amazing. Yaz is just $15

I know!! I really should switch to Walgreens maybe the pharmacist there aren't so bad =/ I've always disliked the ones at CVS they are so rude....example: the first time I went there with my prescription for a bcp, my very first bcp that I finally gave in and decided to try for my skin they said oh it'll be 20 mins....I don't know why it takes them 20mins to fill the prescription but I sat down and waiting....they called everyone there before me up and then started calling people after me and it had been like 30mins before I decided to ask how much longer it would be, so with LOTS of people around the lady says so everyone can hear "You just wanted the birth control right" -_- when i changed my bcp they made me wait 30 mins that time too because they "forgot" even though I was sitting right where they could see me that I was waiting for my prescription....

They tried to do this to me today (I'm starting Yaz) and I insisted on the brand. But they're just doing as insurance prompts them to do. Most insurances don't like to cover brand names. So then I got them to switch to Yaz (and my mom, who is a doctor told me I should start with the brand, even though my dermatologist said it wouldn't matter as long as it had drospirenone) and I got to pay an $89 co-pay! FML.

Wow, 200 dollars? That's insane. A few years ago I had to switch for a similar reason to Gianvi, and it was not the same. I was bloated, I broke out, basically my body did not experience it in the same way that it did yaz, so I inisited on the brand and sucked up paying the rediculous copay (about 80 dollars). Now my insurance fully covers it, so that's good. But in any case, in situations like these, I would look into a prescription drug discount card. It wont end up being cheap, but it won't be 300 dollars either! Most pharmacies like CVS and Walgreens take these coupons, and you can print them out from websites online. I don't think alot of people use them because they seem a little scammy, but they are perfectly legitimate. It's basically like coupons for prescription drugs.

Here's a site that I've used in the past, just so you can see an example. It shows prices for pharmacies in the Los Angelas area:

http://www.goodrx.com/yaz/price#/?distance=3&filter-location=&coords=&label=Yaz&form=package&strength=28+tablets+of+3mg%2F0.02mg&quantity=1.0&qty-custom=&language=&store-chain=

It looks like you can get brand name yaz for about 100 dollars using the card. So...not cheap, but not 300 dollars either!