Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Scorpioness

KEFIR

Guest Scorpioness

I have started to drink Kefir this week along with taking Primal Defense by Garden of Life. I thought I would pass on some info about Kefir for those interested in taking good probiotics.

http://kefir.net

More than just beneficial bacteria!

In addition to beneficial bacteria and yeast, kefir contains minerals and essential amino acids that help the body with healing and maintenance functions. The complete proteins in kefir are partially digested and therefore more easily utilized by the body. Tryptophan, one of the essential amino acids abundant in kefir, is well known for its relaxing effect on the nervous system. Because kefir also offers an abundance of calcium and magnesium, which are also important minerals for a healthy nervous system, kefir in the diet can have a particularly profound calming effect on the nerves.

Kefir's ample supply of phosphorus, the second most abundant mineral in our bodies, helps utilize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins for cell growth, maintenance and energy.

Kefir is rich in Vitamin B12, B1, and Vitamin K. It is an excellent source of biotin, a B Vitamin which aids the body's assimilation of other B Vitamins, such as folic acid, pantothenic acid, and B12. The numerous benefits of maintaining adequate B vitamin intake range from regulation of the kidneys, liver and nervous system to helping relieve skin disorders, boost energy and promote longevity.

The benefits of consuming kefir regularly in the diet:

Easily digested, it cleanses the intestines, provides beneficial bacteria and yeast, vitamins and minerals, and complete proteins. Because kefir is such a balanced and nourishing food, it contributes to a healthy immune system and has been used to help patients suffering from AIDS , chronic fatigue syndrome, herpes, and cancer. Its tranquilizing effect on the nervous system has benefited many who suffer from sleep disorders, depression, and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).

The regular use of kefir can help relieve all intestinal disorders, promote bowel movement, reduce flatulence and create a healthier digestive system. In addition, its cleansing effect on the whole body helps to establish a balanced inner ecosystem for optimum health and longevity.

Kefir can also help eliminate unhealthy food cravings by making the body more nourished and balanced. Its excellent nutritional content offers healing and health-maintenance benefits to people in every type of condition.

Hi Scorpion Vixen,

Wow this stuff sounds really great. I'm intrigued to try it! Where would I also purchase the Primal Defense?

And do you think it would be safe for me to take this while on a low-dose Roaccutane?

Guest Scorpioness
Hi Scorpion Vixen,

Wow this stuff sounds really great. I'm intrigued to try it! Where would I also purchase the Primal Defense?

And do you think it would be safe for me to take this while on a low-dose Roaccutane?

I've read of this before, but the book made it seem sickening to the tastebuds. How do you manage to drink it??

Guest Scorpioness
I've read of this before, but the book made it seem sickening to the tastebuds.  How do you manage to drink it??

SV-- We are doing the same thing!! I am buying kefir today( even before I read your post) and I am taking Garden of Life Fungal defense right now. I am not up to Primal Defense yet--that is step 2, so next week.

I'm guessing you read his book? Wasn't is good?

So cool to have someone else to talk to about it! :dance:

Guest Scorpioness

Hey Emma, I was planning on getting "Patient Heal Thyself" by Jordan Ruben and I just haven't bought and read it yet (I'm working on some other books right now anyway wink.gif ). I have a really good friend who swears by the Primal Defense and also taking Kefir, so he kind of talked me into going down this road. I have been taking various probiotics off and on for a lot of years (along with a LOT of other supplements!), but I know about HSOs now and I never knew about them before.... so I am going to the next level with it all. It seems everyone who gets on the Garden of Life products swear by them. I have not been taking the Primal Defense long enough to know how I feel about it on a personal experience level. However, I really love the Kefir. It seems to be helping me sleep better and it also takes away bad food cravings. In fact, it is like a filling meal in itself. Let me know what you think of the Kefir. It took me about 5 days to notice a difference with it.

Guest Tracy
I got mine at "Whole Foods."

is that a store? we don't have that around here, we got drug mart, Walgreens, some other places prolly

Hey Emma, I was planning on getting "Patient Heal Thyself" by Jordan Ruben and I just haven't bought and read it yet (I'm working on some other books right now anyway  wink.gif ). I have a really good friend who swears by the Primal Defense and also taking Kefir, so he kind of talked me into going down this road. I have been taking various probiotics off and on for a lot of years (along with a LOT of other supplements!), but I know about HSOs now and I never knew about them before.... so I am going to the next level with it all. It seems everyone who gets on the Garden of Life products swear by them. I have not been taking the Primal Defense long enough to know how I feel about it on a personal experience level. However, I really love the Kefir. It seems to be helping me sleep better and it also takes away bad food cravings. In fact, it is like a filling meal in itself. Let me know what you think of the Kefir. It took me about 5 days to notice a difference with it.

Guest Scorpioness

I am definately going to read it girl. "The Makers Diet" it is.... I have not taken the fungal defense yet I am curious (I'll use google) to see what's in it. I've used olive leaf extract and raw garlic recently before I went on the Primal Defense (as a natural antibiotic mix for a TCA peel I did... to avoid breakouts :-)). Those two things are their own fungal defense, plus I don't have a lot of yeast and fungus forming foods in my diet.

I am only taking 3 Primal Defense caps a day. They are expensive so I am going moderately and also taking colostrum, alpha lipoic acid, emergen-c with MSM, malic acid with magnesium, fish oil occasionally, DMAE, digestive enzymes, glucosamine, spiro, and more....... girl, the thought of popping 12 pills a day of the Primal Defense, even if it didn't cost a fortune would be icky to me with all my other supps! But maybe the book will change my mind. I'll keep you posted. Does Jordan Ruben suggest taking kefir in his book?

If you are already on Primal defense I don't think you need to take fungal defense. It is a shame thir website is down right now because they give a ton of information on the two in the FAQ's.

I know what you mean about the quantity of pills!!! I was freaking out when I saw I had to take 8 of these a day. I seriously didn't think I could handle it, but I am doing okay now. The smell of them doesn't make me nauseas(sp?) anymore--they smell like Oregano. They have olive leaf and garlic in them too.

I can feasibly see myself taking 12 a day now that I am taking eight--it isn't as bad as I thought. I don't take any other supplements except for flaxseed oil, so I'm good. Also, you only take 6-12 a day for 3 months then you take 3 a day as maintenence.

He does suggest kefir--I never even heard of it before his book.

Can you take Keifer if you are trying to stay away from dairy products because of acne?

Guest Scorpioness

Mich...

Some people get the Keifer starter kit from Kefir.net and use young coconut juice to make coconut keifer.

However, I read somewhere that the bad dairy hormones aren't in kefir. Normal dairy breaks me out, kefir hasn't yet.