Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi All! I'm new here.

I got fed up with a couple large red, imflamed bumps I had on my chin today--- so I went to the derm. They weren't actual deep cysts, but she injected them with cortisone anyway just because they were so swollen.

That was about 3 hours ago, and I cant really tell a difference yet. When will I be able to? One of them still hurts a bit to the touch.

Is it a sure thing that they will go down? They weren't HUGE to begin with, but really really bothersome.

Thanks!

Kate

Having never personally tried it until hopefully today I can't really say how long it will take to work from personal experience but for most ppl on this board the consensus seems to be that the cyst will dissolve within 24-72 hours. Im really hoping that is the case as my face is 99% clear except for a nodule on my cheek that I would like to get injected today to prevent scarring.

Ok so I got a cortisone shot in my nodule today at about 11:30 this morning and it is now 9 pm here where I live and the nodule has only had minimal shrinking. Is it still likely that it will shrink down and it just needs more time or will I have to get another injection?

mine has gone down, but there's still a slight lump --- it might just be from all of the dead skin accumulation around it though

I woke up the morning after the day I got mine and the pain was gone but the bump still there.... then the next morning the bump had decreased a bit more. It's looking better, it's certainly not normal skin, but definitely better.

I'd say give it another night or so--- don't put any topicals on the bump either, only maybe a little ice.