Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rafiki3

Aveen Moisturizer (contains Salicylic acid) With Epiduo BP?

I use a cetaphil cleanser and my dermatologist put me on Epiduo BP it's 2.5%.

My only question is, can I use the Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer after putting on the Epiduo even though it contains salicylic acid as an ingredient?

It's gotten great reviews. I've been using SPF moisturizers since it's always sunny out but I decided to also get a moisturizer without SPF for night time.

The moisturizer also claims to help blemishes and even out complexion, is it possible this will help with acne red marks and scars possibly or are my hopes too high for that? Really interested in that though too.

But does salicylic acid and BP not go well togehter, will this cause possible breakouts or any problems or is it fine?

Please help

bump

can anyone just tell me if using a moisturizer that contains salicylic acid, will that cause any problems/cause me to breakout if I'm using Epiduo as BP treatment too?

it's advised not to mix salicylic acid and BP together, it's a warning against the regimen, as they sort of cancel each other out.