Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Balance Bird

Cave Man Method (only bathing with water and oil)

Ok so i know many of you that will glance at this topic are like (what the flip, bathing in oil and only water? She is nuts). Well i am nuts ahahah, and i love it, but honestly my skin has never been clearer and smoother, i mean i still have major cheekne, but it was worse before.

Olive oil does not clog pores, is an antifungle, and keeps the skin moisterized. I have been doing this for over a month now.

Whenever i do bathe, i only use water, and olive oil, that's it. I use olive oil for my hair, no shampoo or conditioners, and my hair has never been better.

I hope with my fiber probiotic thing my skin will be even clearer.

You guys should stop using unnatural skin drying things on your skin, we weren't meant to use it. The pilgrims bathed, what, once ever few months? And i don't know of acne in that time period. They were human too weren't they?

0.o

How exactly would you know of acne in that time period? The advent of modern sanitation, plumbing, hygiene, bathing, etc. is responsible for the lionshare of the increase in life expectancy between the beginning of urbanization, and now. Using soap is a good thing.

Olive oil is fairly comedogenic. For example, its reccomended only for those with dry skin when using OCM - those with acne and oily skin are advised to use lighter oils like jojoba, grapeseed, sunflower, etc. I do like it for hair though.

0.o

How exactly would you know of acne in that time period? The advent of modern sanitation, plumbing, hygiene, bathing, etc. is responsible for the lionshare of the increase in life expectancy between the beginning of urbanization, and now. Using soap is a good thing.

Olive oil is fairly comedogenic. For example, its reccomended only for those with dry skin when using OCM - those with acne and oily skin are advised to use lighter oils like jojoba, grapeseed, sunflower, etc. I do like it for hair though.

Well there is no evidence of it, but i am just assuming and all. Well i can't find any lighter oils at the store.

Challenge your assumptions as much as you can...it's amazing how often a solution is obscured by them.

If Olive Oil is working for you, fantastic, it's just known to be comedogenic for most people.

Glad you found something that works for you :)

I could never do this.

My hair is so thin and fine, if I used any sort of oil on it it would hang about 5 limp strands and make me look like Gollum.

But good for you! :D haha.

I could never do this.

My hair is so thin and fine, if I used any sort of oil on it it would hang about 5 limp strands and make me look like Gollum.

But good for you! :D haha.

hehe