Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rosette

Which one helps red marks more - cleansers, moisturizers, or scrubs?

I would really like to finally use a cleanser, moisturizer, or scrub. I never have used one because I guess I'm just sort of scared to :confused: I just wash my face with water and I feel like it's time for me to use something new.

I apply retin-a micro over night and wash it off in the morning with just water. If I use a cleanser, would it be okay to wash my face with the cleanser WHILE the cream is still on my face? Or should I wash the cream off first THEN use the cleanser? Because of this confusion, I don't know if a cleanser is the best choice.

When it comes to moisturizers, aren't they only supposed to help you with dry spots? My face never really gets dry so I don't know if I would really need one. Or maybe it has some other sort of purpose?

And when it comes to scrubs, I'm completely open to them.

I just don't know which one would help the most and what product is the LESS IRRITATING and gentle. My skin is sort of sensitive; not really oily, not really dry, just a bit sensitive. I had bad acne last year but now I'm just left with a bunch of red marks only on my cheeks.

If your skin is sensitive I wouldn't use a scrub. Cleansers do nothing for red marks. So I guess that leaves moisturizer...but I'm not sure how much those help either. I would try manual exfoliation or chemical exfoliation (glycolic acid) and see what happens.

All 3 are essential.

Using a cleanser is important to clean out your pores, then a moisturizer (water based) to prevent your skin from drying out after using the cleanser.

Scrubbing is also important as long as you use a scrub gentle enough for your skin type. This will help remove dead skin cells from you skins surface and promote quicker cell turnover. Its important to scrub your face gentley and in circular motion. Slow and gentle is always better than fast and harsh.

Its vital that you use a water based moisturizer after cleansing or exfoliating your skin. This will prevent your skin from becoming dry and flakey which can cause your pores to become clogged & cause your skin to crack.