Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jen0489x

Unsatisfied with my clearest skin yet

I've been on Spironolactone for almost 8 months now, and my skin has been better than ever. Before this drug, I had at least 3 cysts on my face at one time, along with a forehead of clogged pores, and numerous whiteheads scattered throughout my face. Now, I get usually one-two cyst and a few whiteheads around my period, and it kills me! This used to be decent skin to me before, and now that I'm used to being relatively clear the rest of the month, I stay in my home, avoid my boyfriend, don't go to class or work, etc... I feel I am insane about acne. I see other girls with acne, and it doesn't even distract from their beautiful features. but me? If I have one pimple, I look in the mirror and see a monster. I hate it. I hate acne being the ruler of my life.

i understand how you feel. i remember if i would be feeling pretty clear i'd be all out and about, but i'd get a small breakout and all of a sudden it was social activities gone, television on, and i'd go nowhere for a couple days. it's a hard process to get out of, definitely.

who cares! my boyfriend knows a place where you can get the new iPhone 4, iPad, Wii, TV, PS3 plus more - for FREE. All you have to do to get your free gift is take out a free 14 day DVD rental trial with Lovefilm (as seen on TV). Or just complete one free trial from several available. Find out more about this great offer at gadgetsfree4u.co.uk

You look like a happy person but it sounds like you're depressed.

more exercise would help. More sex is always a crowd pleaser

and find something that intrests you maybe a hobbie or even a holiday.

Same here. Im relatively clear now but I feel no better. I am now obsessing over the clogged pores on my t-zone and my brown marks - things I once considered to be trivial. They have faded quite a bit but they're still there. All I can say is that when you look at yourself in a mirror, dont look to close. Look at yourself from a distance of maybe 4-5ft away. At this distance my skin looks nearly flawless (unless its under bright lighting). It works for me.

Edited by Alex_09

Once you have clear skin it will be something else. People who obsess too much over how they look will always pick out their imperfections and will never feel confident with themselves.

I totally know what you mean. If I even get the smallest spot or if my red marks looks redder, I feel like crying. I'll be clear on and off and those off days just kill me.

Jen, you need to understand that you are in control of your life. Only you can prevent forest fires! Err... If you need to go to class or work or your boyfriend wants to see you, then you need to force yourself to do it no matter what. You'll feel better about yourself if you do. But if you shut yourself off from the world, then you will just end up lonely, depressed, and suicidal. Don't let that happen.

I'll tell you what kind of helps me. It sounds crazy but it usually works... I look at the mirror and repeat to myself, "Even though I have acne, I still love myself" until I feel better. I used to only think/say negative thoughts about myself and predictably it always made me feel bad. If you don't love yourself then you won't be able to love anyone else or do anything for that matter.

So as another person suggested, start doing things you are good at and enjoy like a sport. Make yourself proud. The fact that you have a job and a boyfriend already makes you better off than a lot of people so take satisfaction in that. :)

Edited by CursedSoul
Jen, you need to understand that you are in control of your life. Only you can prevent forest fires! Err... If you need to go to class or work or your boyfriend wants to see you, then you need to force yourself to do it no matter what. You'll feel better about yourself if you do. But if you shut yourself off from the world, then you will just end up lonely, depressed, and suicidal. Don't let that happen.

I'll tell you what kind of helps me. It sounds crazy but it usually works... I look at the mirror and repeat to myself, "Even though I have acne, I still love myself" until I feel better. I used to only think/say negative thoughts about myself and predictably it always made me feel bad. If you don't love yourself then you won't be able to love anyone else or do anything for that matter.

So as another person suggested, start doing things you are good at and enjoy like a sport. Make yourself proud. The fact that you have a job and a boyfriend already makes you better off than a lot of people so take satisfaction in that. :)

Good post. :)