Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xBTTx

Recommend me a good lip balm that is not shiny

Hi, I'm a 19 yrs old male living in Australia. I'm currently on 40mg a day on 2 days of the week and 20mg on the other. My lips have been extremely dry and red so I need to have lip balms on constantly throughout the day. I'm using QV lip balm with SPF 30+ and while it works well, it's really glossy to the point where my friends have been seriously asking me if I was using lip gloss/lipstick. So can anyone recommend me some good alternatives please? Cheers :)

Hey how long have you been on it? Im not sure if you can get it in australia, but i use burts bees honey lip balm, its not shiny at all :) Can i just ask when you started getting the dry lips?

Hi, thanks for the reply :) I'll give it a try. I started getting dry lips about couple of weeks into the course. I started taking 20mg a day from november last year and have been a few times trying to go up to 40mg a day but my body couldn't take it at all, my cheeks and lips would become extremely red, dry, swollen and painful. So my derm suggested that I should just stay on 20mg a day and 40 mg on 2 days of the week. My skin is currently ok but my lips need lip balm on 24/7 though.

Lucas' Papaw Ointment, it's the best thing ever (I'm from Australia too). I know guys who use it, they don't own it but when I get it out they always want to use it haha. It's not too shiney :) And it's seriously the best stuff you can get.

@Figjam: Thanks but I have already tried that though. Got recommended by couple of ladies friends so decided to give it a try but didn't work really well for me. Plus it was shiny as well.

@bek_cogent: Thanks, i'll try that :)

oh god mine started on the first couple of days! im on 60mg though so that may be why :( im using nivea lip care though and its seems to be getting better, its shiny though :( but burts bees is very good and non shiny :) does anyone know if the lips get better throughout the course? or do they just stay dry?

oh god mine started on the first couple of days! im on 60mg though so that may be why :( im using nivea lip care though and its seems to be getting better, its shiny though :( but burts bees is very good and non shiny :) does anyone know if the lips get better throughout the course? or do they just stay dry?

Mine stayed dry the whole way through, so I had to have my Aquaphor with me at all times (Aquaphor is kind of shiny, and I don't know whether it's readily available in Australia). But they went back to normal very quickly after I stopped.

I agree. Aquaphor worked wonders for me. It is a bit shiny but not extremely. After wearing it 24/7 for a week, I could then get by with putting it on only before bed.